ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 - Vista Compatibility Testers+Discussion

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I have uploaded a new version of FARR Alpha (v2.00.80) on Thurs 4/26/07.
With some fixes for vista (statusbar bug, icon bug, settings now stored in appdate place).

I'd appreciate reports of further vista issues on this thread.

(if you don't yet have the alpha download url for v2, just send me a private message on the forum by clicking the little balloon under my name to the left, or emailing me at [email protected], and i'd be happy to send it).

justice:
I have to say I have reinstalled FARR. Initially vista start menu search really impressed me enough to temporarily stop using FARR due to the preference location issue. However that is fixed and I find it annoying that you can't search for 'pad' to find notepad in vista, you'd have to use *pad* to include in-word strings. Too labor-intensive.

So I am back to FARR of course  :-*, being able to search opera bookarmks is fantastic. Maybe in the future we can search notes as well, or even email?

Anyway, I found a small hardly worth mentioning dialogue box cutoff 'bug'. For completion sake I'll post a screenshot:

Liquidmantis:
I'll confirm both that it's fixed in general but the license key popup is cut.

This release seems to be quite a bit snappier too.

justice:
Yep I have used it extensively for two days and have found no other problems

justice:
If you can detect whether or not vista is installed:
if vista -> uncheck the alpha fading thing, vista already does it, maybe it makes FARR snappier.
Also vista is beautiful enough so then I don't use any skins, but that one is taste.

Still haven't found any other issues  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version