Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 05:20:31 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Vista Introduction Screen....  (Read 2258 times)
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

Good Day,
I installed Windows Vista on my brand new laptop but everytime when I start up I see an 'Introduction screen'.
There is a checkbox in the left corner but checking it or not: this bloody screen comes up after every new start up, day after day .... Grrrrr.
I've been reading a lot of websites about Vista but cannot find a solution.
Who can help?
Thanks in advance, Pitr Paulus.
(see screenshot).

* Screenshot - opstartscherm Vista 17-4-2007.jpg (185.52 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 141 times.)
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »

I can't provide any help except to say that when I unchecked the box that introduction screen stopped coming on when I boot up Windows.

Dichotomy
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:27:35 PM »

I'm currently using several copies of Vista (as an employee of M$, I kind of have to), and I've not seen the behavior you're describing.  I did a preliminary search of the Knowledge Base, and could not find any issues relating to your problem.  Was this an upgrade or fresh installation?
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

Hello,
It was a brand new laptop with a fresh and clean installation. The installation was succesfull bu I encounter more problems at the moment so I think I'm  gonna make a new start with the computer and clean it up and start all over again.
Maybe this helps.
Greetings, PitrPaulus.
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:18 PM »

Hmm - doesn't bode well... Brnad new install and already you've discovered a unique, undocumented bug.

I think I'll stick with XP for a while yet.
Dichotomy
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »

Well, if it comforts you at all, the Windows team is hard at work on SP1!  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.26 ]