ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the Best Movie Collection Organizer Program

<< < (2/11) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I suppose it's a good time to revive the question, as Collectorz does its best to kill Movie Collector.

What are your requirements for a good program? I need:

* find movies from authoritative sites like IMDB, Amazon, etc.
* find foreign movies (esp. Chinese), which probably implies a decent breadth to the sites it can scrape.
* Store all the stuff that might affect my choice to watch a movie:

* Actors
* Director
* Producer
* Length
* Year
* Genre
* MPAA rating
* "star" rating, like from IMDB
* etc.
* Print out catalogs of my collection.

* Multiple movies per page, each entry including cover thumbnail, category, actors, short description, year.
* Complete collection, or just those I haven't yet watched.
* Sort by various criteria, e.g., Year, Genre
* Print "keep case" cover inserts for a movie

Cosiness:
Movienizer released the new version 2.0

yksyks:
Thanks, Cosiness, this one was new to me and it looks quite nice. I tried it and it imported my current Ant Movie Catalog easily. I like some of its features.

However, it lacks the "Translated title" field, which is quite important if you have for example a lot of French or Italian movies and don't speak these languages. (Or did I miss something?)

Also, it sorts the movie titles wrongly -- all accented characters are listed at the bottom.

So for the moment I'm back at AMC.

maxic:
As far as I remember, All My Movies is able to import collection created with Ant Movie Catalog as well.

sajman99:
Another vote for Movienizer here. I've used it for the last couple of years, and it suits my limited needs. With the new version 2.0, it now inserts a newly added movie in the correct chronological order. It used to place an added movie at the top of the list (ie. out of order) for no apparent reason, and that really annoyed me. Presently, it puts TV appearances at the top of the list in the wrong chronological order, but I suppose I can live with it. For example, the fact that Adam Sandler played a drug dealer in an ABC Afterschool Special in 1990 is a fascinating tidbit, but Movienizer places that role at #3 in the list above Bedtime Stories (2008) and other recent Sandler films. That's not logical to me, but as I say, I can live with it.

I suppose if I were a huge movie buff I would switch to the free version of DVD Profiler at http://www.invelos.com/ because it is all about details, details, details. Admittedly, it's a bit much for my needs.

Another movie organizer worthy of consideration is Griffith at http://www.griffith.cc/ . As I recall, it is easy to use and has a very clean interface, but for reasons which escape me at the moment, I decided to stick with Movienizer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version