ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

U3 Portable Smart Drives pros and cons

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
Horst Schaeffer's Qsel is another tiny launcher designed for portability.

Hirudin:
All I know is my U3 drive is now U3 free. I didn't like the 2 drives it created, I rarely used the menu (except to eject the drive) and use the U3 software even less. I also almost exclusively use my personal computer, so portability (in the sense of actually being able to carry programs around) isn't important to me at all.

Also, it wasn't coming up on my Vista computer, and the U3 site made it out to seem like the U3 app had to be running in order to upgrade it, so I decided to ditch it.

dblvsn:
Has anyone heard of Migo Sync? Its a sync tool that can be downloaded onto USB. I don't think it runs like U3, but similiar in the fact that you can get it preloaded on a drive...Thoughts?

Mandork:
I have a SanDisk drive with U3 on it that I used today for the first time.  WTF?  I disabled autorun on all my drives ages ago, and I wasn't really expecting to have some huge "launch" area come up.  The university's networked PCs didn't like it all, either, and it took ages to shut it down.

Bleah.  I'll be unistalling that ASAP.  What do you need a separate launcher for, anyway?  I'm genuinely curious.

MerleOne:
Actually, how do you uninstall U3 ?  I have a Verbatim 4GB U3 key and don't see how I could manage this, expecially how to remove the second "un-useful" drive letter) ?  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version