ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

How do we disable the "beep"?

(1/1)

HarryStottle:
Love the app. The only gripe I have (actually it's my wife who griped but after a few days I now agree with her) is the "beep" it insists on making whenever it jumps in to "tame" a process. I can't see any config option to disable it. Is there a secret option somewhere?

mouser:
its probably a beep associated with the windows baloon message in the "system tray".
if you disable balloon tray messages in the program options you should kill the beep too.

a question for others: assuming im right, is there a way to tell windows not to make a sound when showing balloon messages?

Grorgy:
you get lots of options in the sounds and audio devices in control panel under the sounds tab you can turn on or off all sorts of stuff, or you could make it roar like a lion if you've got the clip or a cracking whip,  i hate sounds, apart from what i want to hear so i go for the no sound option, scares me half to death when it gets changed for some reason lol

HarryStottle:
its probably a beep associated with the windows baloon message in the "system tray".
if you disable balloon tray messages in the program options you should kill the beep too.

a question for others: assuming im right, is there a way to tell windows not to make a sound when showing balloon messages?
-mouser (April 24, 2007, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice one Centurion. The relevant sound scheme command is "System Notification". I've changed its sound to "none" and now we'll wait and see...

If you don't hear from me for a while, you've obviously hit the nail on the head...
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version