ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help!!! :)

(1/2) > >>

Tekzel:
Ok guys and gals, I have a strange request.  I am working on a system for a lady and without getting into a looong description of the problem it is missing a file called "userenv.dll".  This system is running Win98 SE and I desperately need that file.  I have searched the web and found versions but every one I have found are for NT based OSes, none for Win9x.  So, if you are running Win9x of any flavor and feel like it could you see if you have this file?  Would be MUCH appreciated.  My catch-all email address is: [email protected].  I post this in public to foil scrapers and such.  Thanks for any help!

Wordzilla:
I have Windows 98 SE on my vmware but cannot find any file with that name (hidden files shown).  :)

Tekzel:
Thanks Wordzilla.  This is probably going to need to come from a system that is actively used with various software installed.  Wild thing is, I need this file to be able to properly uninstall the HP printer drivers on this system but the file does not exist in any form on the installation CD, nor is it in the Win98 cabs.  It was installed by something else entirely.  I have NO idea why the HP uninstaller requires this file if it didn't install it.  The only thing I can figure is that at some point something changed a component that the uninstaller uses and that changed component requires the file.  Sort of a middle man problem.  Weird stuff.

Wordzilla:
Get the missing dll here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?userenv

(click on the purple link 'Click here to go to the download of userenv.dll' in the middle)

The download is a zip with two files inside (readme.txt and userenv.dll), checked with Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (Sign 042507)

Tekzel:
Already tried that one Wordzilla, it is the WinXP version and is incompatible with Win9x.  Thanks for the help though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version