ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Version 2 beta preview release now available (!)

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
carol, what stefan said is probably your problem -
by mistake i have text set to total transparency by default. DOH!
set the transparency slider higher and it should appear.

AbteriX:
Hi mouser,

i think i could live with, but for discuss....

if I increase the thickness of the arrow
i expected that the "line" only would get thiker
and not the "spire" of the arrow
and not the text box.

I could do an workaround for nicer output
but maybe this could be improved ???

mouser:
yes i agree with you;
i think best solution might be grow the text border and arrow spire BUT only until about 4 or 5 pixels thing maybe, and no more.

btw:
i am now writing (with much pain), a better resize function (like you originally wanted:)), with preview function (painful), which is perfect for resizing canvas to fit frames better.

mouser:
Version 2.00.05 beta:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/ScreenshotCaptor.exe

Deluxe Resize Dialog (Ctrl+G shortcut) now lets you do preview, specify how to grow each side of image - much much better.
(i should have listened to stefan when he first requested this).

This should make it quite a bit easier to resize images to fit perfectly in picture frames.

Carol Haynes:
This new version seems a bit more stable. I haven't tried saving in TIFF format because of comments you made above but PNG+change file works for me.

Text also works now.

Are you going to add bump up and down (layers) for floating objects? If you add text and then want to place it onto a callout ballon or similar there is no way to do this (that I can see) short of deleting the text and entering it again.

Also can editing be restricted to the image area and/or allow image area to be expanded? At the moment final output files crop to the original captures edges.

How do you save a final image (without the objects file)? The only way I have found is to use MoveTo on a finished imaged ??

A couple of other requests ...

1) Group and ungroup objects

2) Optional object outlines (so for eample the text editing box could be made visible with/without handles depending on whether it is being edited or not).

3) Vertical text alignement (Top, centre, bottom) within text object.

4) Not sure if this is possible - transparency effect on text background (so you can fade the coloured background without affecting the text)

5) Text rotation?

Looking good though - you have been working really hard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version