ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Version 2 beta preview release now available (!)

<< < (3/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Looks good, but I can't use text!

I put a text objet in, and while it is being edited it is visible but as soon as I click anywhere else it disappears and becommes invisible.

When I double click where I know it is it reappears ???

Also I tried "Save as copy" in TIF format (using the sample) and then got contant 'access violation' errors when ever I used the thumbnail browser (and the save failed).

Sorry it was too late when I was playing and I didn't note the exact error codes.

mouser:
the text dissapears if the font is too big, check that.
as for tif save :( i'll have to explore it more.

Carol Haynes:
What is too big?

This is what I did - I placed a call out on the image (one of the clouds) and then put a text box on top. Type some text but it was too small to read. I increased the font size, but it still fit inside the box (and the cloud) but from then on it could only be seen when selected for editing.

mouser:
that's strange.
what i meant was, if the text is too big for the box its in, it seems to dissapear.

AbteriX:
one thing that would be nice is to get some frames and masks suitable for computer screenshots,
the current set of masks and frames is kind of useless.-mouser (September 03, 2005, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Iam pretty sure i will make some for my own work.
I will share them than it's done.

----
annotations (of course just IMHO) :

- enable/disable with white cursor for to edit objects is OK

- "Highlight Opjects" .... handy if separately trans for each 'Border color' and 'inner color' in one step

- "Text tool" ... is a little bit tricky.. if i wrote 12 for the size, i get only the 1 and than the focus to the text

- "Text tool" ... is set to total trans by default (if i switch to), should be non-trans by default

- to move and modify the opjects is fantastic

- "Arrow tool" .... arrow size is 2 by default == invisible, shoult by 20
- "Arrow tool" ... also text size is to tiny by default

- "Arrow tool" ... auto switch of textbox direction incommodes {me !!!} more than it's helps
Maybe it would be fine to disable this behaviour from time to time.
Additionally I found checkbox "[]left" and "[]right" for direction nifty (or even free move around  :) )

- "Arrow tool" ...  maybe i miss an "[ ] inner color" option for the text ?

-
- "quick sliders " are very handy, thanks. We could even use the "bar" under the size to increase/decrease !

-  insert shapes and arrows and so works pretty good

- "add image caption" ....  works with size and color from "Text tool"

- "frames and Mask" ... i miss an option "[ ] add to the outside of the image"

- "frames and Mask" ... I know this is to much, but... is it possible to simple resize
the frames and the mask to suite our needs ? 'cus some borders are to thick
and cover/crop to much of the images.
I imaging  to input frames/mask like an "Clipart Opject" --- resize them ---- and press apply

- for an very future build i wish to have an option to order the position of the opject...
... what lies under what object and what lies on top.
 But that may to much overhelmed for an screenshot tool, i admit !!!

- i think this is very well done !
- I could imaging to use this tool productively.
- many thanks and kudo to mouser and all how have taken part in build an great tool Application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version