ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

gmail slowing down??

(1/2) > >>

tomos:

anyone else having problems with gmail?
for me, it's been very slow to send mail of late, sometimes will only go on second attempt [EDIT: using email client]

I dont think it's my connection,
or client (Thunderbird)
as I get mail from other sources without problem (in fairness though I dont use other addresses as much)

Just thinking though I send all my mail from gmail and thats where the problem is noticable -
just sent test mail with attachment from another address - no problems sending

So, how is it going for gmail and you??

allen:
I haven't had any such problems of late--and actually am quite pleased as over the last few months gmail's opera compatibility has gone up.  I use gmail via the webmail interface most of the time, though--using my mail client only for maintaining a local backup.

I've always used my own smtp server, so I can't say about it--but I've had no trouble with the pop3.

Lashiec:
It's an error GMail is experiencing from time to time, but the same happens with the whole Google network. Although I'm using the webmail, not a separate mail program like you

tomos:
hmmm ..  :-\
I was afraid it was just getting too busy - could still be the case - as I say, was only slowing with sending mail from Thunderbird,
just over the last week or so,
I'll recheck my settings

If it stays this way I can always follow your examples and just use webmail & get other mail redirected to gmail - which I've been planning to do anyways ... downloading mail doesnt seem to be a problem - nothing I've noticed at any rate - so can still have my backup.

Thanks!
tom

lanux128:
maybe it is because of the google dance.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version