topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: VersionOne Releases Free Community Edition of Agile Project Management Software  (Read 6588 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
April 2nd, 2007 – VersionOne today announced the release of V1: Agile Community, a free 5-user download of its flagship Agile Lifecycle Management Application, V1: Agile Enterprise. This full-featured Community Edition offers the same features and functionality of VersionOne’s multi-award winning enterprise version. Available as a free downloadable application, V1: Agile Community helps small teams around the world gain the advantage of a lightweight web-based planning and management tool.

This edition does not include support or automatic upgrades.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I went to the homepage to get an idea of what the program was about, and was rather surprised to be asked for an e-mail address when clicking the "Tour - take a look" button.

Clicking "Test sample system" gave another form asking for both e-mail and my phone number.

I must say that's the first time I've seen a company where you can't even find out what their product does without letting them have your e-mail address :huh:.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It is rather odd though, I will agree with you there. It's not the usual practice for accessing info about a product on a website.

I found this in the latest issue of MSDN Flash. Would Microsoft really put a link to this in their newsletter if the company wasn't all that reputable?

If you have reservations about it, use a disposable email addy and a made up phone number.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am sure the company can be trusted (to the extent most major companies can be trusted), and if I were interested in the software I would have no problem giving them my e-mail address.

I was just surprised at the fact that I couldn't even see the on-line product tour without getting a form requiring my contact information first :).