Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 28, 2014, 05:12:24 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: i need an icon for my apacer sd card!  (Read 4118 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:17 PM »

hi there,

i need an icon for yet another one of my memory card.. smiley so i would like to ask for help from a graphically-inclined soul to make me a nice icon from the image below (see Fig.1). the reason is because whenever i stick my card reader into my pc, WinXP assigns a drive letter to every slot, regardless of whether they contain any card or not.. even though i managed to circumvent this problem by adding an autorun.inf and an appropriate icon onto the respective memory stick with the resulting image as on Fig.2. but i couldn't find an icon for the Apacer SD card, so can anyone help me out here.. smiley

Fig.1

Fig.2

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:15:24 PM by lanux128 » Logged

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:14:28 PM »

I'll have it for you in a few  Wink

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:15:56 PM »

wow, that was quick! thanks app.. smiley

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »

Here ya go  smiley

Enjoy!

* apacer_sd_card.zip (8.79 KB - downloaded 150 times.)

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »

thanks again, app! how did you do it? smiley

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:51:29 AM »

thanks again, app! how did you do it? smiley

You're welcome.

How did I do it? magic  Wink

No, seriously...

• I opened the image you supplied in Paintshop Pro
  • replaced the white background with neon pink
  • cropped it as small as I could
  • resized to 99 pixels in height
  • reduced colors to 256
  • saved as a .bmp
  • imported it into Microangelo at custom size of 99x99
  • replaced neon pink with transparent
  • added a few more sizes
  • saved as .ico

All very simple & fast to do. The image didn't have complicated edges.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »

even though i managed to circumvent this problem by adding an autorun.inf and an appropriate icon onto the respective memory stick with the resulting image as on Fig.2.

is there a place where people can learn about this trick?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »

app, you're the magic.. thanks for helping out.. smiley p.s. i just got myself a microSD card *hint* *hint*

mouser, i took a normal autorun.inf and modified a bit.. anyway, here is it..
[autorun]
open=dud.exe
icon=Icons\apacer_sd_card.ico

btw, dud.exe is not necessary but i prefer to have it.. you can get dud.exe here

Dud is a program that does absolutely nothing. Run it and it will immediately unload. It can be used as a replacement for annoying system files, such as helpctr.exe or stobject.dll. Simply replace the file with dud.exe, and you'll never see the offending app again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.08 ]