ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (18/18)

Cavalcader:
gotta problem with us pagans dude?-pinkjimiphoton (June 03, 2007, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not me! ;)  But... lol...remember, in his time, JESUS was a pagan and a heretic...
--- End quote ---
Mebbe a matter of interpretation -- but I don't think he's ever been accused of being a pagan.  :D  He was only a heretic to The Establishment -- basically Big Religion of the day, because they'd twisted Bible concepts so they pretty much could make more money offa the faithful and look better than everybody else in the community.
:P
so tread lightly, friend, there are many possibilities...
;)
--- End quote ---
Still a valid statement IMO.  :Thmbsup:

We now return to our regularly scheduled programme, already in progress...  :mrgreen:

Gothi[c]:
PS the unsupported compiler I (try to) use is Bloodshed Dev-C++. Its best feature is that its free. Also it comes with a good tutorial. (and I still can't use it Sad )

--- End quote ---

Dev-C++ uses MingW under the hood, and wxWidgets and wxWidgets applications can deffinitly be compiled with it. You can find a guide for it here: http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/tutorials/devcpp.htm

the app was zipped, not installed...trying to have windows install it made no difference whatsoever.
it works GREAT on my tower, but not at all on the laptop, no versions of it seem to there.

--- End quote ---

You are probably missing that msvcrt dll file. You can download it here. Put it in the same folder as the program (exe) and see if it works then. It may or may not be the right version of the dll though, haven't checked into that yet. Worth a shot ;)

steeladept:
hmmmmmmmmmmm......but if the switches are in series, won't they all do the same thing??

--- End quote ---

The switches aren't in series, they'd be hooked up to the microcontroller chip in the same way the keys on the keyboard would be,
but they'd be able to hook into eachother.

and if it's an analog signal, would there be an impedance change issue running them in parallell?

--- End quote ---

One side of the chip is digital (the part that goes into the computer), the other is analog. We don't really have to worry about impedance since these are switches and not, say resistors, or LED's, etc,... we aren't doing anything, we're just switching a logical state.

here a parallel example with just one 'key' :

--- ---
  input
  |  |
  |  |                             
  |  *_______________
  *__|_______________SWITCH
  |  |
  |  |
  |  |
KEYBOARD

Either the two wires short when you push the switch -or- the two wires short when you push a key on the keyboard,
for the input, there is no difference.  Maybe i'll look up the details on how they hook up to the microcontroller and make a little schematic and put it up on the bpm notepad website once i have it finished. Though chances are that many keyboards use different types of microcontroller, so it may be different and you may have to 'follow' the lines on the keyboard pcb (or membrane) anyway.

-Gothi[c] (March 21, 2007, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

For any of you reading this that are less electronically gifted, there is always the simple way to do it...use a keyboard splitter.  You can get them for less than $5US at most cable supply companies.  Just don't use both keyboards at the same time (or in this case the keyboard and the pedal) or you get the same effect as pushing multiple keys at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version