ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DriveKeysAtoZ

(1/4) > >>

app103:
This little tool sounds rather redundant, but I really do have a need for it.

Something that will open Explorer when I hit Win+E.

I am not sure why, and I don't think I will ever find out why, but Win+E doesn't open Explorer like it should.

I know you can over-ride the Win key and make a combo like Win+E do something else other than open Explorer, but can you make Win+E open Explorer, by force, with an ahk script when Windows decides that it doesn't want to do that any more?

I sure could use a little utility that would do that.  :-*

Or even better:

How about one that when I hit [something] + a letter, it will open Explorer to that drive letter (if it exists) AND fix the Win+E problem?

[edited by Wordzilla to change topic name, as per topic starter's request]

jgpaiva:

--- ---#e::Run,explorer:)

As for the letters, i think it'd be a bit easier if you said which letters you'd like it to work.
(i don't think i can recognize if there are any disks or not).
I recoment '<' to be the 'something' you mentioned, since it's not that much used. (notice that it'd still work alone, it just wouldn't work for repetition).

app103:

As for the letters, i think it'd be a bit easier if you said which letters you'd like it to work.
(i don't think i can recognize if there are any disks or not).
I recoment '<' to be the 'something' you mentioned, since it's not that much used. (notice that it'd still work alone, it just wouldn't work for repetition).
-jgpaiva (April 23, 2007, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks....I'll have to test and see if this works and get back to you.

As for the drive letters, I don't know what kind of error handling is in ahk and what would happen if you tried a key combo for a drive that didn't exist. That was the only reason why I said that.

I have drive letters from C - T on this pc...but sometimes they can go as high as X (maybe even higher in the future). It depends what hard drive I have in the external caddy and if it is switched on or not...or how many virtual drives I have mounted...or what PC I am using.

The other pc runs 9x and has drive letters from A - J (no B), but that fluctuates, too, for the same reasons.

app103:

-jgpaiva (April 23, 2007, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

It works (yay!), but it always opens to the My Documents folder instead of My Computer, which is what I would rather have. Any way of being able to specify that?  :tellme:

skrommel:
 :) Try adding /e,<path>.

--- ---#c:Run,Explorer.exe /e,C:\
#d:Run,Explorer.exe /e,D:\
#e:Run,Explorer.exe /e,E:\
Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version