ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Vista Introduction Screen....

(1/2) > >>

PitrPaulus:
Good Day,
I installed Windows Vista on my brand new laptop but everytime when I start up I see an 'Introduction screen'.
There is a checkbox in the left corner but checking it or not: this bloody screen comes up after every new start up, day after day .... Grrrrr.
I've been reading a lot of websites about Vista but cannot find a solution.
Who can help?
Thanks in advance, Pitr Paulus.
(see screenshot).

Deozaan:
I can't provide any help except to say that when I unchecked the box that introduction screen stopped coming on when I boot up Windows.

Dichotomy:
I'm currently using several copies of Vista (as an employee of M$, I kind of have to), and I've not seen the behavior you're describing.  I did a preliminary search of the Knowledge Base, and could not find any issues relating to your problem.  Was this an upgrade or fresh installation?

PitrPaulus:
Hello,
It was a brand new laptop with a fresh and clean installation. The installation was succesfull bu I encounter more problems at the moment so I think I'm  gonna make a new start with the computer and clean it up and start all over again.
Maybe this helps.
Greetings, PitrPaulus.

Ampa:
Hmm - doesn't bode well... Brnad new install and already you've discovered a unique, undocumented bug.

I think I'll stick with XP for a while yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version