ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Worst. Interface. Ever.

<< < (5/10) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I'm going to have to disagree about QuickTime and RealPlayer being that bad.

Years ago, I would have agreed that RealPlayer was total crap. However, Real One has a much better interface than QuickTime, but both applications are a bit misunderstood by 99.9% or more of everyone out there.
-Renegade (September 19, 2005, 06:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm ... and whose fault is that ..... ;)

nikkho:
For me Total Commander has the worse interface.

mouser:
nikkho i'm with you about total commander,
though in fairness its one of the most beloved programs by a large number of people,
so i think it's one of those programs you either totally love, or totally can't bear to use.

rjbull:
nikkho i'm with you about total commander,
though in fairness its one of the most beloved programs by a large number of people,
so i think it's one of those programs you either totally love, or totally can't bear to use.
-mouser (September 29, 2005, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I love it - mainly because I started with DOS programs (hello, you newbies), command lines, XTree Pro, TSRs, the wonderful DESQview, and eventually a series of twin-pane file managers.  Norton Commander clones are probably a bit like WordStar editing commands: once you've learnt how, everything else looks cackhanded, cumbersome and slow.  This could be a form of kinaesthetic memory, like walking downstairs at home without needing to watch your feet.  Your muscles know how to do it without conscious intervention.

Worst interface?  Worst to look at, worst for newbies, or worst for for long-term heavy users?

Carol Haynes:
DOS command lines, XTree Pro, TSRs, WordStar-rjbull (September 29, 2005, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nostalgia .... glazed look ... the good old days  :eusa_boohoo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version