ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help! PC hanging on first boot

<< < (4/4)

Lashiec:
12,5 and 12,9... Humm, I don't have the specs around, but I think that is surpassing the range allowed by the organization that issues the recommendations for PSUs (which more than recommendations are mandatory). Which PSU is?

A PSU I have been seriously impressed with is Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU
-Carol Haynes (April 22, 2007, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

AHA! So you're into fancy PSUs, don't ya? ;D

f0dder:
The (Antec) PSU that came with the Antec case I bought for a friend has one of those teeny-weeny connectors for measuring rpm speed, nifty enough. Can't remember if my own Antec PSU has one, I don't keep that kind of monitoring software running :)

12.5-12.9v does seem a bit excessive, I'm not too fond when there's more than 0.2v deviation from the specified voltage.

Carol Haynes:
The (Antec) PSU that came with the Antec case I bought for a friend has one of those teeny-weeny connectors for measuring rpm speed, nifty enough. Can't remember if my own Antec PSU has one, I don't keep that kind of monitoring software running :)

12.5-12.9v does seem a bit excessive, I'm not too fond when there's more than 0.2v deviation from the specified voltage.

-f0dder (April 24, 2007, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you have the connector you should keep it connected then the BIOS can let you know if there are problems even if you don't have Windows software monitoring it.

JennyB:

-f0dder (April 24, 2007, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

First boot this morning and it stalled again as soon as the floppy drive lit.  :( Booted OK on the second attempt.  Looks like I'll need a new PSU.

JennyB:
Booted up again after dinner first time, so things are better, but not 100%. I"m all my current work well backed up in the meantime.

Thanks again to everyone who replied on this thread for your helpful advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version