topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newsletter for March 23rd, 2007 - Codename "Dinner and Drinks"  (Read 15946 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Newsletter for March 23rd, 2007
Codename "Dinner and Drinks"

"If you read nothing else on our site, read our BLOG"

1. Site News and Member Software Updates
Are you going to be near the urbana-champaign area of Illinois this weekend? If so, please join us for dinner and drinks!

2. March Discounts - One week left for your Website Watcher Discount
Supporting Members, you've only got until March 31st to take advantage of this month's discounts!

3. Mini-Reviews by Members
The mini review section is where members on our forum can post short reviews about programs they like.  It's a great way to spread the news about an underappreciated application, and discover a new program.

4. Software Discoveries, Discussions, and Tips
What's new in the world of software? Are you good at finding new software discoveries? Stop by the forum and help us find stuff!  And don't miss our Found Deals and Discounts section where people post great software discounts they find on the web.

5. Fun Games, Gadgets, and Diversions
Everyone needs a break from work every now and then.. I notice that we haven't been posting as many games lately -- do people want to see more posts about new games found on the web? Let us know.

6. Website Discoveries, Debates, and Discussions
There are always new website services popping up every day, and lots of debate about the future direction of the web.

7. Developer's Corner
The Developer's Corner section of our website isn't just for programmers, it's for people interested in starting their own business, website developers, etc.

8. Website of the Month
Did you know that DonationCoder.com has a list of all of our past best-of-the-web recommendations and a list of recommended websites arranged by category?

9. Cody's Internet Citizen's Club Assignments
Cody, our rambunctious little bird mascot, has decided to form his own club and he wants you to join it!  What's it all about? Mainly it's about being good internet citizens and active DC participants, and working as a team.  In each newsletter you'll have a small assignment or two - like finding a freeware author you like and emailing them a thank you, or participating in a forum poll.  As a Cody Club member, we ask that you perform the Cody Club newsletter task (or else invent one of your own if you object to the one we've chosen).  Occasionally you'll get a little treat, like a postcard in the mail, or a Cody Club iron-on.  Only Cody knows for sure.

10. Coding Snacks
Do you know about our coding snacks section?  It's where everyday people can post ideas for small little utilities they would like to see implemented as freeware.  Post your request and see if one of the coders on our site will implement it while you wait.  If you want to see a great example of how magical the Coding Snacks section can be, check out this request and solution from last week:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:19 AM by mouser »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK, just want clarification on the the second of the Cody Tasks: Cody, do you want us to rate and comment on software or simply to rate it out of 5 stars?! Snapfiles (as far as I can tell) requires written comments when rating software while written comments are optional at  BetaNews... Sorry to be picky, Cody, but it's important to me that I complete your tasks properly!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
the task is simply to pick any software download site, and pick any software programs on that site that you know, and rate them as you feel they derserve, and/or leave comments about them.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Mouser - I just dropped back in to say that I am using BetaNews as the whole process seems easier (and I've already rated a number of programs, two of which I've left comments on...) so it was rendered a non-issue for me. But it's good to know that I am on the right track. Writing a mini-review is a bit of a daunting task, but Cody's genius shows through: encourage us all to take that tentative step and once we realize how painless and risk free it is we'll be posting mini-reviews as fast as we can churn them out!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
We need to put up a Cody Club Task checklist web thing soon so Cody can see whose been keeping up with his club tasks and send them a present.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is everyone doing their cody tasks?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just need to do the mini-review... but what to review?  :-\

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is everyone doing their cody tasks?
Yep! Although i'm falling behind on following the forum, i'm up-to-date on cody tasks :)
I only need to do the review now :)