topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How do we disable the "beep"?  (Read 6114 times)

HarryStottle

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How do we disable the "beep"?
« on: April 24, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Love the app. The only gripe I have (actually it's my wife who griped but after a few days I now agree with her) is the "beep" it insists on making whenever it jumps in to "tame" a process. I can't see any config option to disable it. Is there a secret option somewhere?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How do we disable the "beep"?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:58 PM »
its probably a beep associated with the windows baloon message in the "system tray".
if you disable balloon tray messages in the program options you should kill the beep too.

a question for others: assuming im right, is there a way to tell windows not to make a sound when showing balloon messages?

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 04:45 PM »
you get lots of options in the sounds and audio devices in control panel under the sounds tab you can turn on or off all sorts of stuff, or you could make it roar like a lion if you've got the clip or a cracking whip,  i hate sounds, apart from what i want to hear so i go for the no sound option, scares me half to death when it gets changed for some reason lol

HarryStottle

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32 PM »
its probably a beep associated with the windows baloon message in the "system tray".
if you disable balloon tray messages in the program options you should kill the beep too.

a question for others: assuming im right, is there a way to tell windows not to make a sound when showing balloon messages?

Nice one Centurion. The relevant sound scheme command is "System Notification". I've changed its sound to "none" and now we'll wait and see...

If you don't hear from me for a while, you've obviously hit the nail on the head...
Thanks