ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Onslaught: Flash Game of the Day

(1/3) > >>

KenR:
Since it had been a few days since we posted one, we thought it was time for another tower defense game. Set up your turrets wisely.

http://ec2-1.playr.co.uk/onslaught/

Deozaan:
Dang that's fun! Seems really easy until about level 100-110 and then it seems there's no way to keep up. Although I haven't really tried the laser chain trick. I've made it to somewhere around level 122 with about 93 million points.

Anyone who plays: Be sure to read the page that says "How to Play" because the in-game help totally sucks and doesn't explain what any of the extra items do.

f0dder:
Pretty nice game, got to level 102 by chaining lasers. The trick with them is to keep firing speed in sync - if you can't update at least four laser tower firing speed before a wave hits, don't do it. Only upgrade range on a very few "edge" towers, since the rest will only be chaining to the nearby neighbor.

The thing that really annoys me about all tower games I've played is that the targetting AI is lame - imho it should always be the farthest advanced unit that is targetted.

mouser:
really nice game.

Deozaan:
The thing that really annoys me about all tower games I've played is that the targetting AI is lame - imho it should always be the farthest advanced unit that is targetted.-f0dder (April 20, 2007, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree that it's lame. I think it should be something like the enemy closest to your base with a preference for the ones with lower life. You may not be able to kill the closest one in time, but the one behind him you could kill if your towers would just shoot at it.

If I were ever to make a tower defense style game, I'd try really hard to make the towers a little smarter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version