Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 11:07:05 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Onslaught: Flash Game of the Day  (Read 10142 times)
KenR
Super
Blogger

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »

Since it had been a few days since we posted one, we thought it was time for another tower defense game. Set up your turrets wisely.

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »

Dang that's fun! Seems really easy until about level 100-110 and then it seems there's no way to keep up. Although I haven't really tried the laser chain trick. I've made it to somewhere around level 122 with about 93 million points.

Anyone who plays: Be sure to read the page that says "How to Play" because the in-game help totally sucks and doesn't explain what any of the extra items do.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:26:17 PM by Deozaan » Logged

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »

Pretty nice game, got to level 102 by chaining lasers. The trick with them is to keep firing speed in sync - if you can't update at least four laser tower firing speed before a wave hits, don't do it. Only upgrade range on a very few "edge" towers, since the rest will only be chaining to the nearby neighbor.

The thing that really annoys me about all tower games I've played is that the targetting AI is lame - imho it should always be the farthest advanced unit that is targetted.

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:58:44 PM »

really nice game.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »

The thing that really annoys me about all tower games I've played is that the targetting AI is lame - imho it should always be the farthest advanced unit that is targetted.

I agree that it's lame. I think it should be something like the enemy closest to your base with a preference for the ones with lower life. You may not be able to kill the closest one in time, but the one behind him you could kill if your towers would just shoot at it.

If I were ever to make a tower defense style game, I'd try really hard to make the towers a little smarter.

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »

Level 113 with 66.6million points is the best I've done yet. There isn't any sound in this one, is there? Didn't realize until now.

I still think that somebody on DC should team up and make a "really most coolest" tower defense game.

Anyway, time to finish A Scanner Darkly and catch some sleep.

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »

i will offer a dc mug to any tower defense game starring cody smiley
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 02:17:34 PM »

This is the more advanced TD game, since you need to create combinations of cannons. But I can't play it anymore, it waste my time!

bluesear
Participant

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 12:41:52 AM »

More advanced, more complex. ohmy
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »

For anyone who played this one within the first few days of this thread and haven't played since: Go back and play it. It is continually being updated!

Onslaught v2

Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »

Level 225

I play this game way too much.

sdodger
Participant

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 12:10:04 AM »

Level:  509

Screenshot lol: http://www.sportspanel.org/photos/highscore.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to: