topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 5minutefriend.org: Free service to spend some time with a stranger  (Read 6712 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nothing to do with that new webcam? Why not use it to connect with someone else with nothing else to do either?

5minutefriend.org, a free service available to anyone with a webcam, randomly connects users to a stranger from somewhere else in the world for a five minute video chat.
I tried it out and, after a short wait and a little technical fumbling on my part, I was connected to Matteo Cibic in Milan, Italy, who turns out to be the guy who created the site. Bubbly and full of vigor, Matteo could barely contain himself as he quickly greeted me and proceeded to tell me not only that he was excited to see me, but that he was getting ready to go out and party...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D ;D
Interesting idea!
I'm not much fan of broadcasting myself though a video camera, but i sure can appretiate the idea.
I specially like this part:
[...] 5 Minute Friend simultaneously reminds us to make the most of the time we have. Five minutes may seem like no time at all (name one thing that only takes five minutes? Okay, name two.), but you might be hard pressed to generate true quality time with your new friend

Very interesting concept, i think.