ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mark thread as unread - Side map - checkbox right hand side

<< < (3/4) > >>

momonan:
Sometimes it's helpful to go to the beginning of a thread and scan through before reading the message, but I, too, often wish to get right to the point of reading a message when I already understand the thread.  I expect you all know that, when you're on the unread posts page, you can get right to that message by clicking on little page thingy at the RIGHT of the post (rather than clicking on the link, which would lead you to the beginning of the thread).

It would be possible to lists the posts in reverse chronological order (which I've seen on some sites), but that is very disorienting.  I see nothing wrong with leaving things as they are, so long as we can get to the listed post by clicking on the little page thingy at the right.

I second the requests for these, though:

1.  ability to bookmark favorite posts or threads

2.  ability to mark individual posts as "read" or "unread."  As it stands now, clicking on "mark as read" removes ALL posts from the unread posts screen.

Carol Haynes:
Ah, I hadn't noticed the 'page thingy' on the right.

That's what I wanted ;)

mouser:
hey, i didn't know about the page thingy either - nice find  :up:

mouser:
this is not a perfect solution by far but for bookmarking you could do as stefan did and set up your own little thread where you post links to your bookmarked posts, etc.  it's a bit unorthodox but definitely an interesting idea.

see stefan's private post here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=787.0

Carol Haynes:
Since you have got them to work can you tell me how to setup to allow users to upload avatars or link to URLs.

I have set permissions for all groups and the the options page but it just doesn't  seem to want to do it ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version