ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

filehippo.com Update Checker (Beta)

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
I fear the problem is, that I`m using a german version of Vista...-crono (April 18, 2007, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
could be two things - either, the notorious UAC problem or the program can't see beyond "C:\Program Files\".. :)

crono:
I fear the problem is, that I`m using a german version of Vista...-crono (April 18, 2007, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
could be two things - either, the notorious UAC problem or the program can't see beyond "C:\Program Files\".. :)
-lanux128 (April 18, 2007, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
UAC shouldn't be the problem - I tried it wit UAC endabled and disabled. Any idea how to check if it can see beyond "C:\Program Files\" ? I checked the env-vars and %PROGRAMFILES% is set to C:\Program Files\ - I thought it may be a problem, because german Vista displays C:\Program Files\ as C:\Programme\ in Explorer, bu it seems to be ok...

crono:
2nd double Post on one day...  :-\

OK - I know why it crashes. I run it with the dotNet Runtime Debugger and it reports me an unhandled Exception:

--- ---Unhandled exception generated: (0x15f6784) <System.UnauthorizedAccessException>
  _className=<null>
  _exceptionMethod=<null>
  _exceptionMethodString=<null>
  _message=(0x15f6698) "Der Zugriff auf den Pfad C:\Program Files\Gemeinsame Dateien wurde verweigert."
  _data=<null>
  _innerException=<null>
  _helpURL=<null>
  _stackTrace=(0x15f6964) <System.SByte[]>
  _stackTraceString=<null>
  _remoteStackTraceString=<null>
  _remoteStackIndex=0
  _dynamicMethods=<null>
  _HResult=-2147024891
  _source=<null>
  _xptrs=0
  _xcode=-532459699
Exception is called:UNHANDLED
It tries to read "C:\Program Files\Gemeinsame Dateien", but fails.  I will forward the log to the dev - maybe he could use it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version