ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Latest Apple Mac vs PC Commercial: PCs suck because of all the software choices

<< < (6/10) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks for the link, Zaine. While I sympathise with the general annoyance of having to strip out the OEM/trial stuff that comes with a new computer, I recognise this as being my own "thing" - one cannot argue that a newbie couldn't pick up a brand new, out of the box, Vaio notebook and not just use it. What a steaming pile... As for the line about having to grapple with a plethora of new security apps right out of the box, hasn't this guy woken up to the 21st century reality, which is that Apple release numerous patches to shore up security risks in their OS? Why do they do this? Because viruses are increasingly becoming a part of the "Mac experience". I love the way people assume that Microsoft hire inept, bumbling programmers and the really good ones code for Apple... Reminds me of the horsepucky about Chrysler in the 60's having the monopoly on engineering smarts. Hello! The big three were all building monstrous cars powered by monstrous, iron, 90 degree OHV single cam V-8's! And don't bring up the Hemi... Hemispherical combustion chambers were NOT invented in Detroit circa 1953 - they were around in Europe for decades prior to that and in common application... OK auto rant over. Hope the analogy was clear - why on earth would anyone assume that Microsoft are less capable than Apple? In addition, even if Apple has better coders working for them, does this guarantee that their product won't be susceptible to virus and other malicious attacks? I think not...

app103:
My daughter found this one today.  ;D

Is it just me or does this ad campaign smell just like the 'Where's the Beef?' ads?

Lashiec:
My daughter found this one today.  ;D
-app103 (April 27, 2007, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

HUH?

tomos:
Reminds me of the horsepucky about Chrysler in the 60's having the monopoly on engineering smarts. Hello! The big three were all building monstrous cars powered by monstrous, iron, 90 degree OHV single cam V-8's! And don't bring up the Hemi... Hemispherical combustion chambers were NOT invented in Detroit circa 1953 - they were around in Europe for decades prior to that and in common application... OK auto rant over. Hope the analogy was clear --Darwin (April 27, 2007, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
well no ...

but
I wouldnt bother explaining it any further for my benefit at any rate  :P
mind you if I look at it from the Mac/PC side I can imagine what people were saying about Chrysler :) learn all sorts of things here!

cthorpe:
To use a PC well and to do things right, you need to know a lot about computers and be sort of a geek.  If you don't, your pc will inevitibatly be overrun by spam and spyware, virus, etc. 
-superboyac (April 19, 2007, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

My mother is a school administrator.  She uses Windows XP machine at home.  She does extensive reseach on the web, sends and receives hundreds of emails a day, and does all of her administrative paperwork on the computer.  She is far from a geek, and regularly has to ask for help with seeminly minor tasks.  She has never been infected by a virus, or any significant spyware infection.  As for spam, she gets an average amount.

It doesn't take being a geek to avoid those things.  It just takes common sense.

Carl Thorpe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version