ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Optimization Suggestion: Adjusted Priority_Range

<< < (3/4) > >>

shmate:
Hi mouser,

Does ProcessTamer project is discontinued ?

A year ago I sent bug fixes and useful suggestion but unfortunately until now there is no any progress.

It is very frustrating   :(

shmate

mouser:
See here for reason for temporary hibernation of development: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12798.0

Steven Avery:
whether this should wait for when PT moves to a more generic per-application-rules based thing.-mouser (November 12, 2007, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Folks,

This leads to my question.  I have an application that does not use a lot of resources (Powermarks) that needs a higher priority to lessen the "wait-state" (memory loading ?, paging ?) when I return to the program.  It seems to be helped when I make it high priority (e.g. with Process Master, which runs by application, while Actual Booster does that on a more global realm and could easily clash with Process Tamer).

So what is your recommendation ?  Perhaps a limited usage of Process Master for the PowerMarks type app, combined with the normal global usage of Process Tamer ?  I just want to be :

a) careful about programs that can compete against each other, perhaps clashing or crashing
b) achieve multiple ends, taming hogs on-the-fly (Process Tamer) and allowing for exceptional situations

Shalom,
Steven Avery

mouser:
Process Tamer is very happy to let you set specific priorities for specific applications -- just go to the process list and set an Explicit Rule for the program to "Force Above Normal" or whatever, and it will be remembered forever after.

shmate:
I hope this will be included the coming update

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version