ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVDProfiler 3.0 is finally out !

(1/3) > >>

crono:
a new version of the best DVD Manager has been released  :-* After 2 Years of silence and no public release, the new Version 3.0 is out. The price remains the same - 30 $ for lifelong updates (one-time fee). If you have an extensive DVD Movie Collection check out http://www.invelos.com (the new Homepage) I absolutely love this tool  :-*

KenR:
Crono,
I have been trying to download this tool, but I have not been able to get on www.invelos.com since you made the post. Do you have any idea what is going on?
Thanks, Ken

crono:
Hi Ken,
I have no clue whats going on, I tried today to reach the page but it seems to be down...  :down:

Curt:
Legal Issues
On April 5, 2007 Jesse Slicer, Kenneth Meade and InterVocative Software, LLC (represented by Tim Haverty) filed an injuction (Case #07CY-CV03512) in Missouri's 7th Judicial District (Clay County) against Ken Cole and Invelos, LLC (represented by Joseph Gall). Judge Anthony Gabbert is set to preside.

A motion for expedited discovery by the plaintiff has been granted however, as of April 19, 2007, no court date has been set and DVD Profiler 3.0 and Invelos.com are currently unavailable due to the injuction.

-Wikipedia
--- End quote ---

A sad part of the story is that InterVocative not have been able to update DVDProfiler themselves, for two years its still version 2.4 and 2.5 Beta.

Quote:

DVD Profiler is a program to catalogue a DVD collection. It was created by InterVocative Software. Although it can be used for free (with free registration), it can be upgraded to a premium registration for a small one-time fee. Registration allows users to download higher-resolution cover scans, to vote on all changes to the DVD database and to use the newest beta versions of the software.

DVD Profiler allows the adding of DVDs (and, since V3.0, HD-DVDs and Blu-ray Discs) by entering the UPC, inserting the disc itself into the computer's DVD drive or searching by title. The users can upload their collection to the internet to provide other users the possibiliy to view their DVD profiles.

Also available is DVD Profiler Mobile 1.0 which allows you to access your DVD Profiler database via a Pocket PC. You can also make changes to your database directly in DVD Profiler Mobile and syncronize back to your main DVD Profiler database.

Until version 2.4 the program is maintained by InterVocative Software. Since version 3.0, the program is maintained by Invelos Software, a company set up by developer Ken Cole to focus entirely on DVD Profiler and related products & services.

A major drawback is the unsupporting of Unicode, making it impossible to enter Asian [etcetera etcetera] DVD titles correctly.
- end of quote.

crono:
http://www.invelos.com/ is back online  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version