ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: A directory box

<< < (2/3) > >>

skrommel:
 :) How about Microsoft Windows XP?

If you drag a folder from your desktop to one of the edges of the screen, it creates a dockable Explorer window. You can also detach it and have it floating freely.

Skrommel

app103:

If you drag a folder from your desktop to one of the edges of the screen, it creates a dockable Explorer window. You can also detach it and have it floating freely.

Skrommel
-skrommel (April 26, 2007, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

oh yeah, duh...how could I forget that?  :-[

btw: this isn't just XP...it works in older versions of Windows too....even 9x.

You can create toolbars on it and do everything you can, just like with the taskbar...only it won't have the buttons of open windows or the system tray.

You can make up to 3 additional bars on the screen edges that your taskbar isn't on. The folder doesn't have to be on your desktop...it can be anywhere. Just drag it from Explorer and smack it on the edge you want.

tomos:

Skrommel
-skrommel (April 26, 2007, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

thats great  :-*

unfortunately,
I cant Alt+Tab to it and when I change to programme which is using full screen I cant get back to it - except by minimising everything (Win+M).
Ok, solved that: right click title :-[ (who'd a guessed) > change settings > "Automatische im Hintergrund" does the job
But
then it seems to default each time new one opened to Large Icons & hiding in the background - I wonder is there a way of changing default settings??

Hah, it moves your desktop icons which positions i have long NOT backed up. Oh, well!

brain3000:
Hey guys thanks for the replies,
yeah i know about the windows tool bar thing but i was lookin for something a bit neater that is just a directory box that pops out when you move your mouse to the left edge of the screen and doesn't take up the entire height of your screen,
any chance of someone coding a quick version of this up? its would be very useful, i tried it in vb but kinda failed in coding bits of it.

hope someone can help me :D

Maggy160:
The folder bars you create by dragging folders to the edge can be configured by right clicking the dotted line, for example small icons and/or auto hide. Unfortunately once you uncheck them from the bars list, they're gone with your customisations.
You can right click your taskbar, create new bar, drop files and folders on it and customise, I believe Windows should store those settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version