ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: A directory box

(1/3) > >>

brain3000:
hey,
Idea: a little resizeable box that sit on your desktop/stays on top that lists the content of a directory of your choosing

Why?: You know when you working on a project or something like when I'm making a big website or just loads of graphics for something, its just annoying having to have folders open on the start bar that you are constantly using between working with multiple programs. i thought it would be much easier and handier if you had a little box with the directory in it that you could drop and drag, delete, copy, paste and launch files from this window.

hmmm i don't know if it can be done easily but it would be great if you could just drop and drag the directory you want to display into the box to set it.

Features: Icon in taskbar - Right click: Options- set the number of boxes to display.
                                                                Anchored to desktop or always on top
                                                                transparency

Double click: opens a blank box

I hope this is possible and not too hand to do, it would be great if someone was able to code this
i know it would really to useful to me and probably a good few others.

justice:
Have you tried QT Tabbar? This would at least reduce the amount of folders open in the taskbar to 1 (with tabs).

Alternatively FileBox Extender could add shortcuts to your favourite folders in open/save dialogues and from the system tray.

This is how I manage mine in a similar role as yours. You can also create a new toolbar in the taskbar, point it to the folder of your choosing (either a folder with shortcuts to your favourite folders or the 1 folder you are using) and have one-click access to it directly from the taskbar.

mouser:
i can see why it wold be useful to have such a window docked to the screen.. does anyone know of any of the file explorer replacements that can allow a window to be docked to the side of the screen so other windows will not overlap it?

app103:
I have used TaskbarEx to reduce clutter. You can drag the buttons right off your bar and put them where you want on your desktop.

This is especially useful when doing web design. I keep the whole project grouped in one corner of my desktop.

QT Tab Bar: I haven't tried this, but it looks nice.

Idea: A directory box

You could probably combine both of them to end up with a really powerful option....maybe throw in FileBox Extender too. The menu for favorite folders that it puts on the titlebar in explorer is very handy. I use it all the time.

JennyB:
hey,
Idea: a little resizeable box that sit on your desktop/stays on top that lists the content of a directory of your choosing

I hope this is possible and not too hand to do, it would be great if someone was able to code this
i know it would really to useful to me and probably a good few others.

-brain3000 (April 17, 2007, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Blackbox has tear-off menus which are *very* useful. Any menu list, any level, click and drag on the top label to drag it anywhere and hold it open and on top of anything. Right-click the label to dismiss. You can have as many open at one time as you like.  :-*

I really wish that were standard Windows behaviour.  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version