ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

filehippo.com Update Checker (Beta)

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
introducing filehippo's update checker... looks quite neat.

The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to filehippo.com to see if there are any newer releases. The results are then displayed in the browser for you to download.

here's the privacy policy:
The Update Checker will not send any personal information back to filehippo.com. The only information collected is a list of programs and their versions, along with the operating system details to help with processing. Additionally none of this is linked to your IP address and the logs are deleted after processing.
--- End quote ---

works quite well on my pc.. :)
• requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Tekzel:
Neat program!  Normally I am a little queasy about this sort of application (its a trust issue!) but I decided to chance it anyway.  Worked well.  Just have to wait and see if malware starts popping up on my machine.

We need to get Mousers software on there now! haha

crono:
Freezes on my Vista machine - I wrote a litte Bug report to the Devs, but got no feedback....

Tekzel:
Freezes on my Vista machine - I wrote a litte Bug report to the Devs, but got no feedback....
-crono (April 17, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does it actually freeze?  It works fine on my Vista workstation and my home XP machine.  My boss tried it and initially it would crash with an error but he found that if he just did save to disk and saved it to his desktop instead of using "download them all" (we use Firefox) it worked. 

crono:
It starts fine - Staring -> Downloading Programm definitions -> Scanning Computer *Crash* - no matter if I run it as Admin or normal User... I fear the problem is, that I`m using a german version of Vista...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version