ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Don't call it "the tray"!

<< < (4/10) > >>

Cpilot:
I could get behind TNA.  :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
TNA sounds like some pro wrestling federation.. ;D Raymond Chen fails to realize even the terms windows, desktop, wallpaper are of metaphorical origin.. just like the way, in windows you adorn your "desktop" with "wallpaper" & you put away your "files" (not documents) into a "folder"..

f0dder:
Stumbled on this little article on slashdot today, and couldn't help but snicker because of the following quote:

There should now be a shiny red gem appearing in the notification area (Windows refugees, think "system tray") near the upper right of your screen. Right-clicking that icon gives you several useful options.

--- End quote ---

(emphasis is mine)

Edvard:
Curt: Your post has just made me think of how the English language resembles Mandarin Chinese in that we use accents instead of tonal variation. For example, the difference between garbage and a verb meaning "to turn away something offered" is the difference between "refuse and refuse. See?
And so many more of those examples can be attributed to "borrowed" words, archaic terms that have changed meaning, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

gjehle: Hooray! Something that MS can't threaten to sue Linux users for! All your systray are belong to us!!11!!!

allen:
T N A works for me. 

"Man, your TNA is full of excess junk..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version