ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Help with small simple program

(1/2) > >>

Earthcoder:
I been searching the internet for 3days now trying to look for a simple program, that will run on windows 2000

That would Pop up a search box where you type in a word, then it searches a Txt file or Xml file or CSv file, and brings back to the screen the line of next from the search name.

E.g.

Txt file looks like this

s32452135 4503205
s20034423 20304955
s0209422 2939923
and so on

Xml looks like this of same txt file
<Pwdobs>
<number>s32452135</number>
<Dob>4503205</Dob>
</Pwdobs>
<Pwdobs>
<Snumber>s20034423</Snumber>
<Dob>20304955</Dob>
</Pwdobs>

So i got the file, Now just want a simple seach that would look for required number - s32452135 and then it would display 4503205 in a txt box that can be Copied.

I thought using Xml would make it easier as you search in number and show Dob

But i cant seem to find anything on the net that helps me with this.

needs to be program if possiable to make it easier for users to use, But html popup would do too.

Anyone able to help.

also got other text files with info i want displayed in a program.

i have Visual Basic express on pc, but its been 10years since i used a programming lang

mouser:
btw i think this would be a *very* useful and *very* simple FARR plugin (see https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8071.0), which would also give you live searching as you type.

i'm tempted to write it myself but i don't want to steal someones "fun".

Earthcoder:
Farr is great and i love it Problem is this program would need to be used by my Level 1 team, and they prob wouldnt install farr, cause they stupid. but i would use it and would love to see it in FARR

We work as a support team for a uni we get alot of students ringing up with lost passwords, so we have to changed the account using MMC program, to active directory, But all the passwords are stored in a seperate program, so we have to load up and log into this other program, but i have worked out how to export the passwords to a secure share that only my team can access, and was hoping i could get a program i can add a link to in MMC user manager i made to make it simple for my team to use.

Also wanted to add another search using same code sorta, that could display the data from other program i asked for.

mouser:
yeah i agree that installing farr just for this would be overkill :)

rjbull:
Might be a bit heavy for what you want, but have you tried WanyWord?

Or some kind of visual grep with a shortcut to point it at the right file, such as BareGrep?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version