ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

opera 9.2 is out

(1/11) > >>

urlwolf:
Between the new features, there is something called speeddial that looks like another usability hit.
http://portal.opera.com/startup/

jgpaiva:
I've been using speed dial for a while now, and it's pretty good!
I don't use it that much because i'm more keyboard-centric when using Opera. Also, because old habits die hard, and i'm used to typing the alias for those pages.
But i bet much people will like it.

Also, here's a tip: to remove the yahoo search and use google's, just go to the following address: opera:config#UserPrefs|SpeedDialSearchType (i love these links to opera:config!! :D) and change "Speed Dial Search Type" to '0'.

[rant][edit] had to change the link to non-hiperlink, because the forum software appends 'http://' to the beggining of the url,thus 'opera:' links can's be used  >:( [/edit][/rant]

Josh:
I like opera, it is by far the fastest browser, but I simply cannot use it until I can have roboform back incorporated into my configuration. I understand opera's need for "security", but at least give the user a choice. Locking us down to what the dev's feel is pertinent to a browser is like ford telling you that you have to settle for a stock engine or stock radio when much better alternatives exist.

dantheman:
I like opera, it is by far the fastest browser...
-Josh (April 14, 2007, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Fastest" is a big word!
Fastest to start up ?  (i find AVANT and Slimbrowser to be the best there so far) ;
Fastest at page rendering ? (don't notice much difference with regards to AVANT, Slimbrowser and Firefox).
Fastest at going backward/forward (equal to AVANT and Slimbrowser IMHO).

Josh:
Fastest where it really matters, in browsing speed (page rendering, back/forward). But again, that is subjective. On my system, opera runs faster when it comes to rendering pages, browser response, control response, and its overall lighter as well. But like I said, this is subjective. I am not out to start a war on which browser is better. On every system I've used, opera responds and handles better than other browsers. Please, dont turn this into a "Which browser is better" thread. I merely stated my opinion and am not intending on defending my position as I feel it has been done numerous times in the past on various other forums.

People will use what they prefer, and I know that I would prefer to use opera, however, I cant because roboform is not supported which was the main point of my post. Not to start another browser war.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version