topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Five Website Annotation Programs  (Read 4904 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Five Website Annotation Programs
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Here is a review of five tools for adding annotations to web pages.

• Diigo (A must have for researchers) is a research tool that lets you share bookmarks and annotations on web pages using a browser plugin or bookmarklet. Notes are anchored to highlighted text and bookmarks...
  • Fleck (Bare bones) is the most basic of the annotation services, letting you simply post public or private text notes on a page. Notes can be posted by using a browser plugin or by ajax when Fleck feeds web pages...
  • ShiftSpace (Have your way with any webpage) is an opensource browser plugin (FF only) being developed by NYU’s Interactive Telecommunication Program and is pretty close to internet graffiti. The plugin allows their users...
  • Stickis (Subscribe to only the annotations you want) is a web page annotation service that lets you subscribe to content “channels” from your friends and the community via a browser plugin. We previously covered...
  • Trailfire (Create and share tours of the web) is an IE and Firefox plugin that lets you post notes (called marks) right on top of a webpage and string them together with hyperlinks (making “trails”). The plugin consists of a note...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:13 PM by mouser »

2stepsback

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • My "2stepsback" blog - Updated!
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Five Website Annotation Programs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:16 AM »
KenR,
super find!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

awesome. 8) 8)

Now I'm wondering how much i've lost by way of erased history, cache, browser crashes (Internet Explorer mostly, though Moz Fx occasionally )

Inspite of my persistent del.icio.us bookmarking practice, i'm sure more than 40% of my tavels on the web are lost :(

Everyone, you really should see these - my initial bias is trailfire cuz it resonates loudly with my ages-old idea of keeping track of the entire path I traverse on the web. Google does it, but they don't tell me what they've tracked. Trailfire is just the best sounding name for it.

-2stepsback.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. A good deed a day keeps the Devil away.
See http://www.codinghor...archives/000735.html
------------
<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/">W3Schools</a> - A collection of free HTML, CSS, JavaScript, DHTML, XML, XHTML, WAP, ASP, SQL tutorials with lots of working examples and source code.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:51 AM »
techcrunch often has nice posts, and sometimes a proper rant ;)

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:54 AM »
That's some good resources.. I was thinking about doing a review of some screen annotation programs earlier..  :Thmbsup:
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.