ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

The Gizmo Effect!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
[ Invalid Attachment ]
-Curt (April 13, 2007, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Special Drawing: Office 2007 Professional

On Friday, April 27, 2007, one lucky Office Letter Premium Edition subscriber will win a copy of Office Professional 2007. Office Pro includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (with Business Contact Manager), Access, Publisher, and Accounting Express. We're giving away a full retail version of the software, not an upgrade -- a $499 value.

Because of distribution limitations, the drawing is open to U.S. subscribers only. Also, unlike previous drawings, you must enter the drawing by sending an e-mail to [email protected] and include your:

full name
e-mail address (where we send The Office Letter)
your complete mailing address (where we will send the software if you're the winner)

You must be a current Premium Edition subscriber on 4/27/07 to be eligible, and you are eligible even if you've won a previous Premium Edition drawing.

If it's time to renew your subscription to the Premium Edition, please visit

http://www.officeletter.com/renew.html

Our thanks to Microsoft for their generous donation of this prize.

Full disclosure: The Office Letter receives no compensation for the mention or distribution of this software.

--- End quote ---

quote: "... the drawing is open to U.S. subscribers only"  :(   ...  ...  >:(

quote: "... be a current Premium Edition subscriber on 4/27/07 to be eligible"

http://www.officeletter.com/sub/subscribe.html

Sooze:
Hi! I am one of Gizmo's "Tech Support" newsletter's biggest fans! I've been a premium subscriber for a few years now and can vouch for the fact that it's money well spent. I've entered the link below to another newsletter I subscribe to that also has a free and premium edition available. It is an excellent and informative newsletter for newbies to Windows and always has interesting and fun information for advanced users. I have a lifetime subscription to this newsletter and highly recommend it to all new computer owners. Check it out - I'll be happy to send them a link to this site so they can see for themselves how neat this is. Wouldn't it be great if they also ran a feature article about DC? :)
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/
Enjoy!
Sooze

Sarkand:
I'm happy to put in another resounding plug for both Gizmo and Donation Coder.  I've been a faithful reader of TSA newsletter for some time, and I can vouch for Ian's reviews and recommendations - he's usually dead on, and it's clear he works very hard to thoroughly evaluate his victims, whether the verdict is yea or nay.  I discovered DC (and Process Tamer) independently and will also add my thanks and kudos for a very sweet little app.  I tend to 'multitask' to the extent Windows will suffer with its poor balancing skills.  I have a lot of apps running simultaneously, and one of the best features of Process Tamer (IMHO) is its ability to bump the priority of the window I happen to be working with at the moment, while it keeps all the boys in the background behaving nicely - and turn on a dime for the next focus of my attention.  And prioritize from launch....and on.  I come from a mainframe environment, and tend to think of (and use) Process Tamer as a workload balancer.  For the same reasons of personal history, I abhor the lack of user control that Windows imposes, and detest its "trust me" approach to task management.  Using Process Tamer and Mark Russinovich's Process Explorer, I get to call a few more of the shots in my own machine (imagine that!).  I have also fallen on long hard times, and am virtually penniless, living by the loving support of my family.  For me, 'free' is not just better, it's mandatory.  I've discovered along the way that free software is often superior to vended, since a) it doesn't try to be everything for everyone and b) its underlying ethos is pride, not profit.  I have built a relatively safe, clean, robust and useful system on the strength of many of Ian's free recommendations and several timely additions from Donation Coder (and Process Tamer is one of your finest).  If I ever have any money again, I will subscribe to both and add generous donations over and above to thank you all for sustaining me through my poverty.  I have also passed along to my family (and installed) many of those same recommendations.  Keep up the excellent work: "free" is not just for the frugal, it's also for the economically disabled, and a service to humanity.  Thank you.

Curt:
Welcome at DC, Sarkand   :Thmbsup:

- and may you prosper!  ;)

---

If you need free RAM, don't overlook the brand new trimall by f0dder

Here you go :)  "trimall.exe" automatically trims all processes, has no GUI or status indication or whatever (thus the small size). It still won't trim system processes, and on a multiuser system it will probably only trim other people's processes if you have an administrative user account. -f0dder (April 20, 2007, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Direct link: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2794.0;attach=17116

Grorgy:
Hi all
I'm one of the 'Gizmo effect' newbies to  :)  I find his newsletter informative and useful and i recently subscribed to his premium edotion, after all he was providing me with an invaluable resource to freeware (and in the premium edition some shareware) that really gets the job done and it appears to be free from boosting software for commercial reasons, it just has to work and preferably work well.

And then every so often he gives us a site like this, which while I've only been here 2 or so  days now i have found to be helpful, useful and fun, what more can ya ask for  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version