ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (8/60) > >>

Muadib:
Hi Armando,

I'm terrible sorry for my rude delay answering your reply, but I forgot to keep an eye on that thread, and I only saw it now.

find the software I used two minutes ago. It Could be faster to me if i could find it in a easier way (a pop-up maybe?) in the FARR.

Thank you for this very helpful software.

-Muadib (April 30, 2007, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if I understood properly... But here's what you could call a workaround : what I do to "find the software I used two minutes ago", is just make Farr display more results in the list (max. entries to display in normal results list: 50 ; max. entries to display in extended results list: 70), set the max. files to keep in launch history to a relatively high number (300), and tick the box beside Blank search shows files from launch history. That way, when I blank the search field, I get a list of my previous run programs and looked at documents. I actually often use Farr (Find and Run Robot) as a history list. But, for that to work, you must use Farr to start… almost everything… Which I do..  : )

In the mean time, there is a software that probably does exactly what you’re looking for : TaskTracker. I’ve tried in the past, used for a while, and found that Farr + X1 was enough to track anything related to my files or software use. TaskTracker just added one more level of organization I had to think about… I didn’t want that.

-Armando (May 23, 2007, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try your technic until we have our FARR v2 out.

Cheers.

mouser:
An official plugin writing contest for FARR 2 has now begun (deadline July 14).  Read details here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8875

edbro:
How about an ability to run a program with elevated admin privileges in Vista? Similar to the "sudo" alias in this utility:
http://brandontools.com/content/StartPlusPlus.aspx

justice:
An idea would be to write a tagging system for Farr, where you can add tags to applications and then reload a listing of apps by typing in a
--- ---:webdev for example. (a shortkey for launching all items on the list would then be a productivity booster) typing a
--- ---: would list all tags, and use autocomplete to contruct tags.

tagging could go like this (command:tag,tag,tag,etc):

--- ---dreamweaver :webdev,html,web
I'm not sure if it would be quick/easy enough to really use it though, although I think other people might be interested? Perhaps if popular applications would come pretagged at a later stage it would make it even easier to use :D

allen:
I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has been suggested. Also, I have not read up on the api so I don't know if this would be at all feasible.  But I think it would be really cool--

Basically a very simple text editor that would allow you to use farr for quickly editing a non-binary file, even expanding it into a bit of note-taking functionality.

Ideally, it'd be able to edit/access any file you'd normally be able to find via farr, but preceeded with the appropriate alias--in which case, instead of opening the file in the default app it'd be opened in the place that tyipcally lists files -- the text body being there with the cursor focus shifting to that field where changes could be made and then saved.

It could also be possible to define some directories in the plugin config that would be scanned for text files only when the plugin is references, so one needn't clutter the rest of FARR with these special interest dir(s). They'd be prioritized for quicker access than tyipcal full scan.

In the spirit of quick note taking, typing alias filename blurb of text would automatically append "blurb of text" to the end or beginning of the file (the choice of which being defined in the plugin settings)

So if I simply needed to find a document to copy the contents to my clipboard for repasting elsewhere, I could just bring up FARR, open the document directly in it, snag the contents, exit out.  Or open FARR, jot down a quick alias, filename, and the note -- presto, duly noted.  The list could easily/rapidly be edited, cleared, etc. -- all without ever having to call up an external program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version