ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (45/60) > >>

CatamountJack:
I don't know if this is even possible, but I've played around with AutoHotKey a bit and have found tremendous value in the "Favorite Folders" script.  When you activate the "Favorite Folders" hotkey, it will bring up a pop-up menu that contains a list of folders (user-defined, in an INI file).  If you activate the hotkey (in my case, the middle mouse button) on a Windows Open/Save dialog or in Windows Explorer/My Computer, when you click on one of the folders in your menu, it will change the current folder in the dialog or window to the favorite folder you selected.  If you activate the hotkey on a different type of window, the selected folder will open a new Windows Explorer window at that location (of course, FARR can already do this part).

It would be awesome if FARR could provide similar functionality.  For instance, activate FARR, type the folder name, press Enter and it would change the location in the dialog or Explorer window (if it was the last focused window before FARR) to your specified folder.  I realize you can type in a path directly in the filename box of the open/save dialog or the address bar of Windows Explorer, but this would also harness the awesome powers of FARR (aliases, history, etc) to get there a lot quicker.

mouser:
CatamountJack, that is a GREAT idea.
FARR keeps track of the window that was active last before it was triggered, and so i think this idea could even be implemented without even writing a plugin, just using aliases and an external commandline version of this autohotkey script.

If someone makes a commandline version of the autohotkey script which takes 2 parameters, a folder/file name and a window handle, and does the switching, the rest is easy.

nitrix-ud:
I don't know if this is even possible, but I've played around with AutoHotKey a bit and have found tremendous value in the "Favorite Folders" script.  When you activate the "Favorite Folders" hotkey
--- End quote ---

good find, favorite folder is a really nice one ;)
but being a FARR lover, i really wanted to use FARR !

so i found a workaround for the time being... (i've been using it for almost a year i think...)

i always had a "favorite folder" alias which is set as below :

regex pattern
^f (.*)

result
Favorites search $$1 | dosearch +folder_fav +open_fav -alias $$1

+folder_fav is a folder containing shortcuts to my favorite folders
+open_fav is an action modifier which opens an authotkey script :
Open | C:\_Garbha\Program Files\OpenFav.ahk "$$1"

and here is the autohotkey script (my explorer is directory opus) :

--- Code: AutoIt ---file = 1if (%file% = "C:"""){        Run, C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "C:\" NEWTAB}else {        Run, C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "%1%" NEWTAB}
should only be
Run, C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "%1%" NEWTAB

but for some reason a shortcut to C:\ turns out to be C:".... no idea why (FARR bug ?)

then i discovered a great tool ! Flashfolder http://zett42.de/flashfolder/

so now i use FARR in conjunction with autohotkey and flashfolder to achieve this goal...
here is the script :

--- Code: AutoIt ---file = 1 if WinExist("ahk_class FlashFolder_3832795") {                if (%file% = "C:""")        {                ControlSetText, Edit1, C:\, ahk_class FlashFolder_3832795        }        else {                ControlSetText, Edit1, %1%, ahk_class FlashFolder_3832795        }                ControlFocus, Edit1, ahk_class FlashFolder_3832795        Sleep, 200        Send, {Enter}}else {         if (%file% = "C:""")        {                Run, C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "C:\" NEWTAB        }        else {                Run, C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "%1%" NEWTAB        }        }
basically what this does :
if flashfolder exists (that is a open/save dialog exists) then autohotkey changes the flash folder path to the one coming from FARR (then enter to reflect that in the open/save dialog)
if not then it opens the folder in my explorer

works flawlessly  :D

of course ruling out flashfolder of the equation would be even greater !

i'm no windows programmer, and i don't know how to change the location of the open/save dialog...
if you use the file name box to change the path then you loose the filename...

nitrix-ud:
i forgot to ask !

FARR keeps track of the window that was active last before it was triggered
--- End quote ---

how do you do that in an alias ??
are there special secret commands ??

mouser please tell me  :D

CatamountJack:
@mouser:   I'm encouraged it might be easier than I thought.  I don't do a lot of programming, but I'll see if I can modify the AHK script to work as you suggested.  Looks like I'll be right out straight for the next week or so, so I probably won't get to it immediately.. but if anyone else wants to take a crack at it, I wouldn't stop them  :)

@nitrix-ud:  That sounds like your work around does just what I'm looking for as well.  As mouser suggested, I hope it can turn out to be a little simpler in the end, but I'll give yours a shot too when I get a chance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version