ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (36/60) > >>

joes_garage:
How about a PHP function locator which lets me start typing 'php [function name]' and a list of matching function is provided and when selected takes me to the PHP.net website for that function (default browser).  If this is easy I could provide a function list to assist.
--- End quote ---
this is a good idea

--- End quote ---

There's such a search provided in DQSD.  If I ever get time to get into writing the DQ plugin, that one would come for free, along with hundreds more.

nitrix-ud:
i believe the right way to do this is with a generic plugin that has been talked about before -- a kind of structured file searching plugin.
Basically the plugin would let you configure search keywords, along with specifying the file they should search, and how they should look for text and tags and what info to show on match.
So this could be used to search almost any kind of text,xml, or help file in a structured way that would allow you to type keywords or tags and have FARR show ranked resuls -- then select one to show full text of the entry.
It would be incredibly useful for a wide variety of things.
--- End quote ---

Yes that would be great, i would certainly use it

BUT
it is really too bad not to have some kind of similar mechanism within the core of FARR

WHY ?
simple, that way you can customize more, because of action modifiers...., because of switches..., because of all your great work mouser !
i don't believe a plugin would be able to do everything you could with a core function...

the way i see FARR (i may be the only one  :D) is that you create your own environment (when i describe what i do with FARR, i simply say it's a additional layer on top of windows...)
somehow i see plugins as independant utilities

FARR is amazingly powerful, in about 5 minutes, i implemented Veign's idea !
Let's not forget that...

mouser:
nitrix you have come up with some of the coolest, most unusual uses for FARR, i can only admire it :)

and i see you invented yet a new trick -- you create some dummy files that FARR can find, and then you use the names of these files to figure out what to search for on the web.  very clever.

your last idea to have FARR search a text file and search web based on those results, is very close to the idea i was trying to suggest about a generic text file searcher -- and it's the ideal way to handle these cases in my opinion.  it would be incredibly useful for creating and searching any kind of reference information.

nitrix-ud:
and i see you invented yet a new trick -- you create some dummy files that FARR can find, and then you use the names of these files to figure out what to search for on the web.  very clever.
--- End quote ---
well i have to be there are so many features missing  :P
just kidding  ;D

i was trying to suggest about a generic text file searcher -- and it's the ideal way to handle these cases in my opinion.  it would be incredibly useful for creating and searching any kind of reference information.
--- End quote ---

i would love such a plugin if it would be possible to keep using all the neat FARR commands, namely :

* /STAYOPEN

* /ICON

* action alias

* showfile

* showhtml (yet to be implemented, to show the result right into FARR use action alias : Open in browser $$1| showhtml http://www.php.net/FARR($$1,"only file name"))
do you think it's possible to use a plugin yet keep all the neat FARR commands ?
maybe some already work using dosearch ? i have to try...

i just feel that it would be great to be able to use some specific plugins in regular FARR use... i imagine a small date and time library, path manipulation, etc...and the infamous dosearchinfile  :D

searchingforsurf:
how about a plug-in to submit tweets to twitter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version