Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 04:54:19 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disable tray icon entirely (aka stealth mode)  (Read 4478 times)
robin850
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:20:08 AM »

Newbie here.

Is it possible to disable the tray icon entirely?  I don't want any visible signs of ProcessTamer running, I just want it to work.  If I need to look at something I can live with clicking an icon.

Possible or "feature request"?

Cheers,

robin850
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

i think the best solution here is to use one of the existing utilities that will let you hide any/all icons that you want in the system tray -- this will let you still access the pt icon menu when you need to by using the special tool.

You can find a few listed here: http://www.donationcoder....orum/index.php?topic=2315
kooda
Participant

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »

I found a utility on Bitsum web site called MakeService. These are the steps I took for my test setup:
  • Install MakeService from Bitsum
  • Install ProcessTamer and configure it to not start with Windows
  • Use MakeService to create a Windows service to run ProcessTamerTray.exe
After this, the ProcessTamer utility ran without any tray icon at all. I didn't test it for extended period of time and didn't see what would happen after machine reboot but it might be something to try.
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »

How about right clicking on the start button -->> Properties -->> Taskbar tab -->> Notification are -->> Customize -->> Select item and to change behavior.

* 2007-09-08_011508.jpg (6.5 KB, 168x82 - viewed 693 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.16 ]