ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Disable tray icon entirely (aka stealth mode)

(1/1)

robin850:
Newbie here.

Is it possible to disable the tray icon entirely?  I don't want any visible signs of ProcessTamer running, I just want it to work.  If I need to look at something I can live with clicking an icon.

Possible or "feature request"?

Cheers,

robin850

mouser:
i think the best solution here is to use one of the existing utilities that will let you hide any/all icons that you want in the system tray -- this will let you still access the pt icon menu when you need to by using the special tool.

You can find a few listed here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2315

kooda:
I found a utility on Bitsum web site called MakeService. These are the steps I took for my test setup:

* Install MakeService from Bitsum
* Install ProcessTamer and configure it to not start with Windows
* Use MakeService to create a Windows service to run ProcessTamerTray.exeAfter this, the ProcessTamer utility ran without any tray icon at all. I didn't test it for extended period of time and didn't see what would happen after machine reboot but it might be something to try.

PhilB66:
How about right clicking on the start button -->> Properties -->> Taskbar tab -->> Notification are -->> Customize -->> Select item and to change behavior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version