ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (35/50) > >>

Darwin:
Fair comment and it took me a moment to remember why I posted this here, in its own thread rather than in the Directory Opus 9 thread... (full 64-bit support). However, given that other thread runs to seven pages, I suppose I should have posted it there. Point taken, mouser  ;)

Darwin:
PS Perhaps this thread should be migrated to the Directory Opus 9 thread I referenced above?

mouser:
merging this thread with another below..

Darwin:
Thanks mouser  :Thmbsup:

Nudel:
Well... there are two installers, and the one for the 64-bit version (22MB) is 33% bigger than 32-bit version (14.8MB)  :o So the size hasn't even doubled  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (December 09, 2007, 12:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
The 64-bit installer is bigger because it contains both the 32-bit and 64-bit binaries. This is so people can export the 32-bit version to a USB stick if they want to (since that's probably more useful than a 64-bit export, but you get the choice of either).

That said, the 64-bit binaries are slightly larger than the 32-bit binaries as well. That's just what happens when all the pointers double in size, I guess. (Bit like we pay for Unicode apps with slightly larger binaries as well.) I guess that anyone with enough RAM to warrant running 64-bit Windows isn' going to care about the difference anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version