ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (30/50) > >>

tomos:
here's a "Button" for DO8 -

Left click: Copies full path names of selected file(s)
Right click: Copies names of selected file(s)

--- ---<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button display="label" effect="saturate" min_width="yes" type="three_button">
<guid>{2B47C5A8-F9FE-4E2B-A7A0-C777A25AB839}</guid>
<label>path</label>
<icon1>10</icon1>
<button display="label" effect="gray" label_pos="bottom" separate="yes">
<guid>{F5EA265F-4D8B-41FB-9C85-9E819C68122C}</guid>
<tip>Copies the full pathnames of all selected files</tip>
<icon1>84</icon1>
<function type="normal">
<instruction>Clipboard COPYNAMES</instruction>
</function>
</button>
<button display="label" effect="gray" label_pos="bottom">
<guid>{7FD5D71A-AFD9-486C-85B9-BA1D56D6AC4E}</guid>
<tip>Copies the names of all selected files to the clipboard</tip>
<icon1>84</icon1>
<function type="normal">
<instruction>Clipboard COPYNAMES=nopaths </instruction>
</function>
</button>
</button>
You may want to tweak it a bit for icon etc.

In case:- to add to toolbar -
right click toolbar > customise
right click toolbar again > paste
right click button to edit

Dont know where I picked that up - definitely from or with help of the DO forums  :)
http://resource.dopus.com

Nudel:
The only negative that I have is DO feels bloated when compared to xplorer2.-barfarf (June 11, 2007, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
In what way?

urlwolf:
So, it looks like there will be no upgrade discount for DC members, right?

An alternative is to hold off for a while with v 8 and then move to 9 whenever there's a discount available.

In fact, d 9 has crashed more than 8 for me.
I have 20 days left on my trial license. Will keep it till the end, and then make a decision.

I don't think 9 is any faster than 8 btw.
And 9 hosed the tags of some music files (Warning: if you use foobar, Dopus will show tags all wrong, and you may even save them -they look like ????????). No fix seems to be coming out, since DO blames foobar and viceversa.

RE: support: well, the last question I asked (support ticket) was never answered (it's been days). It was about this foobar issue, and also how to "revert" to 8.

Nudel:
So, it looks like there will be no upgrade discount for DC members, right?-urlwolf (June 12, 2007, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Looks that way, AFAIK.

An alternative is to hold off for a while with v 8 and then move to 9 whenever there's a discount available.
--- End quote ---
Has there been any indication that there will be an upgrade discount (beyond the existing one) in the future? There were some christmas sales for 6 and 8 I think but I can't remember if they included updates or not. May have done but I'm unsure.

In fact, d 9 has crashed more than 8 for me.
--- End quote ---
Have you reported the crashes or worked out why?

I don't think 9 is any faster than 8 btw.
--- End quote ---
Some parts of it are faster, like list drawing/scrolling and duplicate file finding. Overall most of the program isn't that much faster but 8 was never really slow IMO anyway. Most of the time you're waiting for the OS to read files off the disk as in any other file manager.

And 9 hosed the tags of some music files (Warning: if you use foobar, Dopus will show tags all wrong, and you may even save them -they look like ????????).
--- End quote ---
Opus 9 hasn't hosed your tags or modified your files at all, has it? It just doesn't understand Foobar's tag format when Foobar is used in certain ways. (I use Foobar as well and haven't had any problems but I don't use the ReplayGain part of Foobar.) Jon mentioned that the MP3 plugin needed updating to cope with this but it hasn't been done yet as other things have taken a priority.

No fix seems to be coming out, since DO blames foobar and viceversa.
--- End quote ---
AFAIK nobody from GPSoft has blamed Foobar; that was someone on the forums blaming Foobar. The issue is that Foobar, when you do certain things with it, writes Unicode tags in a way which the Opus MP3 plugin doesn't currently understand.

RE: support: well, the last question I asked (support ticket) was never answered (it's been days). It was about this foobar issue, and also how to "revert" to 8.
--- End quote ---
Don't know if you've noticed but the forums have been ridiculously busy since Opus 9 came out and I imagine the official support channel has as well. If you let me know what the issue was about I will chase it up for you but it's probably just because everyone is very busy dealing with all the feedback/help/reports right now.

edbro:
The only negative that I have is DO feels bloated when compared to xplorer2.     
-barfarf (June 11, 2007, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
I own DirOpus 8 but I'll be going back to xplorer2 next week when I load Vista. $42 to upgrade is just too steep for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version