ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (23/50) > >>

Hirudin:
xPlorer2 V1.653 and DOpus V9 all offer the ability to add addtional columns: "Title", "Subject", "Author", "Category"
if added in DOpus as columns, they will simply be blank columns, nothing shown at all
if it can't extract the ADS info, why put those fields there...???
...-tslim (May 06, 2007, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds more like a bug or oversight than an intentionally missing feature.

Nudel:
The "Title", "Subject", "Author", "Category" columns in Opus show the attributes from within Office documents.

They don't currently read the ADS attributes but if you send GPSoft a feature request I imagine they'll look at it as it makes sense to support them.

tslim:
I was quite excited when I found xPlorer2 (at least there exist such utility that) can displays those ADS values correctly in columns as well as move/copy these values along with the host file.

The author of xPlorer2 has put up a poll for user requested features, among which "search in ADS info" is one of them. I suppose only few of those features with highest #votes will be implemented in xPlorer2 Ver 1.7

My very BAD NEWS is, "Searching in ADS" feature get ZERO vote as of this writing... :(

And for TC, I read their forum and learn that TC 6.5x is not unicode ready and the author says it won't be so until (probably) Ver7.5
The funny thing is TC can "display" and "search" ADS info in multiple languages but it simply can't copy/move those values along with the host file...
I mean if it is not unicode ready, how come it can display file and folder names in multiple (more than 3 diff) languages at the sametime?
If TC can search in ADS info why can't it move/copy it with the host file....????

Btw, Nudel, thanks for your info.

Hirudin:
What is this ADS stuff I've heard so much about? Is it like ID3 tags for MP3s? But it's somehow not moved with the file?

Darwin:
Heh, heh, I was wondering the same thing Hirudin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version