ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (22/50) > >>

Hirudin:
I definitely don't know, but I don't think there will be a way to combine a DC discount code with the upgrade. I don't think so because when you put in your old registration code it generates a discount code which is grayed out. Even if we could put in a different coupon code it would require removing the upgrade discount code... I don't know how hard it would be to put in another code box on the website though...

JeffK:
I can confirm that one can't put both the upgrade discount code and the DC discount code in the box at the same time or one after another.

Jeff

superboyac:
Well, maybe DO may be able to offer a special DC discount for upgrades if we ask them nicely?

I don't consider the upgrade discount a "discount" really.  I'd just consider it the regular upgrade fee.  Hopefully, we can get an additional special for being members of this fabulous community.

tslim:
I use ADS intensively to keep info of hundreds of movie clips (in mpg format). I try 3 programs, total commander 6.53, xPlorer2 V1.653 and DOpus V9 all offer the ability to add addtional columns: "Title", "Subject", "Author", "Category".

1) DOpus does not has the "Category" field.
2) TC and Xplorer2 display all the above 4 fields correctly but DOpus DOES NOT! (Those fields if added in DOpus as columns, they will simply be blank columns, nothing shown at all)
3) When copy/move a file with ADS info, xPlorer2 is able to copy the ADS stream along, for TC the ADS info is dropped... I have not tried this copy/move test with DOpus before I uninstall it, I am quite disapointed in DOpus, if it can't extract the ADS info, why put those fields there...??? Am I missing something?

Note:
I am using WinXP+Sp2, my ADS data has characters from multiple languages: English, Chinese simplified, Chinese Traditional and occasionally Japanese.

How good if I can have the flexibility + user friendly GUI + superior in handling ZIP/RAR of TC and the Decent power of xPlorer2 (especialluy in unicode and ADS handling) in a single program... sigh!

patteo:
I use ADS intensively to keep info of hundreds of movie clips (in mpg format). I try 3 programs, total commander 6.53, xPlorer2 V1.653 and DOpus V9 all offer the ability to add addtional columns: "Title", "Subject", "Author", "Category".

1) DOpus does not has the "Category" field.
2) TC and Xplorer2 display all the above 4 fields correctly but DOpus DOES NOT! (Those fields if added in DOpus as columns, they will simply be blank columns, nothing shown at all)
3) When copy/move a file with ADS info, xPlorer2 is able to copy the ADS stream along, for TC the ADS info is dropped... I have not tried this copy/move test with DOpus before I uninstall it, I am quite disapointed in DOpus, if it can't extract the ADS info, why put those fields there...??? Am I missing something?

-tslim (May 06, 2007, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use DOPUS 9 to move ADS information on files (not movies) basically so I cannot comment on the category field). I can confirm that DOPUS 9 or for that matter DOPUS 8 does move ADS properly when a file is moved.

In fact the way DOPUS is designed with customisability in mind, allows you to even copy information from a website and paste it into the ADS with a hot key.

I suggest that you post your concern in the very responsive http://resource.dopus.com/

I'm pretty sure you will get your question answered by one of the very helpful experts there.

I have on many occasions posted questions and gotten answers within hours of posting them or at worst, a couple of days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version