ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (14/50) > >>

DonL:
Does anyone know if XYplorer can have a source code viewer with syntax highlighting like dopus (i.e., in the bottom half of the screen?). I find that really useful.
-urlwolf (April 16, 2007, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Last time I checked it did not. ;)

I happily admit that there are one or two things that DOpus does and XY doesn't. And just like DOpus does not try to do everything that's possible (in XY), XY does not try to do everything that's possible (in DOpus). The power of a software (or any product) lies (also) in the difference from others. Clearly DOpus is in various ways bigger than XYplorer, and this size relation will stay like that very probably. If DOpus is Godzilla then XYplorer is T. Rex -- it always depends what suits you best for your current task. :)

superboyac:
My brief impressions of TC, and some of the odd feature requests from ex-TC users about what they'd like the mouse buttons to do in Opus, is that moving from it to any other program would be a bit weird in a few ways. Or maybe that's just a configuration thing (i.e. it allows you to make it weird but it also has the option of working the way most other Windows apps do) in which case that's fair enough.

Right, I've gotta get out of the house to go buy the new NIИ album that came out today (tomorrow in the USA) for £12. Despite buying his last five albums and turning a few dozen people on to his music, I don't get a free copy :(.

-Nudel (April 16, 2007, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe... :-[ that would be me.  I think that I'm the main one making the posts about what the button clicking should be like on the mouse.  I did a particularly detailed post on the DOpus forum just recently.  In my defense, it's not that I want the clicking to be like TC because I'm used to that.  On the contrary, I'm used to DOpus and haven't used TC for 2 years now.  But the mouse navigation on TC allowed faster navigation with fewer mistakes (as far as selecting things and drag & dropping).  It's very subtle.

Anyway, I suggested it and got an email confirmation back from the Dr., but I don't know if it is being seriously considered.

Darwin:
Are we there yet? Is it April 27th? Are we there yet? When will we get there? Is it April 27th yet...!?  :wallbash:

Jibz:
Right, I've gotta get out of the house to go buy the new NIИ album that came out today (tomorrow in the USA) for £12. Despite buying his last five albums and turning a few dozen people on to his music, I don't get a free copy :(.-Nudel
--- End quote ---

Hope it's not just an update of the previous album with a couple of new chords here and there then ;).

Nudel:
Hope it's not just an update of the previous album with a couple of new chords here and there then ;).-Jibz (April 21, 2007, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
I bought all of his remix records, plus (two copies of) the remastered version of TDS, too. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version