ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (10/50) > >>

Hirudin:
Windows Commander (as it was called back then)
...-TucknDar (April 14, 2007, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had that WAAAYYYY back in the day too (I'll guess 98...). I think at least. I used it to change the timestamps on my mp3 files.

P.S. does 9 years ago count as "WAAAYYYY back in the day"?

P.P.S. Nudel, I like the "toasty" on your web page. I just want to uppercut every time I see that. (I hope this refrence isn't lost on everyone here!)

TucknDar:
Windows Commander (as it was called back then)
...-TucknDar (April 14, 2007, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had that WAAAYYYY back in the day too (I'll guess 98...). I think at least. I used it to change the timestamps on my mp3 files.

P.S. does 9 years ago count as "WAAAYYYY back in the day"?
-Hirudin (April 14, 2007, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
When we're speaking about computers, yes, that's WAAAYYYY back!

jgpaiva:
DonL: It was the [enter] on address bar bug, as it didn't work, i tried ctrl-[enter]... BIG mistake. I didn't know ctrl-[enter] would launch the focused app. The focused app was the game. Oh, and i stupidly pressed ctrl-enter more than once. Combine that with only having 512mb of mem, a slow disk and an apache server running with java virtual machine.. And you can imagine my problem :P

As for the "safe mode" you mentioned..I don't think that's a good idea. I don't eve have the delete confirmation dialog.

Oh.. I just remembered something else i'd like on XY: being able to press ctrl-z after deleting something to bring it back, as in Explorer.

Nudel: currently, by what i mentioned above, you can understand why 5mb or 10 do make a whole lot of difference to me :)
Actually, XY is now taking me 16mb of mem, thus, if it'd behave in my computer as it does in yours, you're right, DOpus would take less.

Darwin:
I don't really care about the money - it's "the banker" and her reaction to me spending the money that I'm worried about!

That aside, I'm starting to feel embarrassed about my role in extending this thread. $45 Cdn. -that's all an upgrade to DOpus 9 is going to cost me (if I don't spring for the USB licence). Another way I can look at this is that this works out to "about" $22.50 Cdn. per year (I say about because I purchased DOpus 8 on Oct.4, 2004 and the last update to it was October 20-ish, 2006). I have other subscription based software that costs me more than that per year and doesn't necessarily get updated that often (i.e. no major releases from one year to the next). Additionally, I would say that the only software I have loaded on my computer that I use more is the OS!

I hit "Post" and went shopping for a barbeque, probably three hours ago now. Got back to find that the above hadn't been posted because Ken had posted while I was typing. Tried to post again and got a note that SEVEN new replies have been posted. This is a popular topic! Right - off to read the 8 new posts...

mrainey:
Nudel,

Wonderful post.  Sold me on the upgrade, even though I probably don't take advantage of 25% of the features in 8.2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version