ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (3/50) > >>

MrCrispy:
Yeah, count me in as a devoted xplorer2 user! I like the programs philosophy of doing the correct thing w.r.t how the OS behaves. e.g. its one of the few if not only file managers I tried that would correctly display the Explorer namespace including all extensions. So I can choose to go to locations like 'Control Panel', 'Recycle Bin' inside it, and the display columns will show me content specific to those, instead of just being a file manager for files and folders. This extends to proper drag and drop support, context menu handlers etc. Its one of the reasons xplorer2 is so well behaved and flexible.

What got me excited over DOpus 9 specifically is the breadcrumb bar which is one of the best features of Vista's explorer.

Darwin:
So far I've only found three companies that honored their "lifetime" licenses — WinRAR, XYplorer, and UltraEdit so far. Everyone else finds an out by either changing the name of the program or just discontinuing it.
--- End quote ---

I'd forgotten about the lifetime upgrade for UltraEdit. Now I'm really glad that I've been dithering about the upgrade to 13 as I'll certainly buy the lifetime upgrades...

SlySoft recently added new features to their AnyDVD program and went back to users who bought Lifetime licenses to ask for $30 to get the new features. I got pissed at that.
--- End quote ---

No doubt! WTF is the point of buying a lifetime license if it isn't a lifetime license - or do they interpret lifetime as referring to major releases (lifetime of AnyDVD 1, lifetime of AnyDVD2, etc.)?!

zridling:
Breadcrumbs were a nice addition to XYplorer in version 5.x. Perhaps the thing I like best about DOpus is being able to assign keyboard shortcuts to specific folders and files if I want. THAT'S just cool, and so handy it makes me say: gigedy, gigedy!

You guys tell me. When I've used xplorer2, for me the big attraction is its apparent simplicity. Yet it has so much power under the hood. It's not intimidating, yet it satisfies the power users. And simple features, like being able to print out a folder list (even indented like your folder tree) is brilliant. I presume its user community came up with such ideas.

dluby:
zridling,

You say: "Perhaps the thing I like best about DOpus is being able to assign keyboard shortcuts to specific folders and files if I want"
--- End quote ---

Can I ask you how this is done?  I use Dopus 8.2.2.5 and I can't seem to find how to do this?

Thanks

Damian

Hirudin:
I think %40 off is OK for an upgrade price. I'd prefer more off, say 60%, or a lifetime upgrade, but 40% is fine.

I actually think the AnyDVD $30 upgrade thing is OK as well. I'd say that the change from DVD to HD DVD and Blueray is significant enough to call the new software something different. Specially since it appears that they'll keep updating the DVD part... Again, I'd always want more, but this'll do...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version