topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Directory Opus 9  (Read 185602 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Directory Opus 9
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2008, 07:03 AM »
Hey guys - bucket of water time. Let's calm it down and drop the personal attacks please.

If you disagree with someone's view that is fine but let's not get personally abusive about it.

Lefax32

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Hey, I am hoping someone might be able to help with this. I am completely new to Dopus. I was reading the online tutorial to see what I can do. Came across this section:

The Drive Buttons toolbar item will generate a dynamic list of all devices in the system, automatically adding and removing them as required. For example, if a new network drive is mapped or a USB memory card is inserted it will appear in your toolbar ready to use. You can have multiple sets of drive buttons and are able to filter each by drive letters and types of device. In a dual-lister window the drive buttons will affect the Source side by default, but you can change this so that a left-click on a drive always opens it on the left and a right-click opens it on the right.
http://www.pretentio...me.com/opus/bf1.html

Got excited, but it ended there without an explanation of how to do it. I have the "Drives" toolbar, and I have messed around a bit, but can't find anything to get the right click on a drive button to open it in the right lister. Always brings up a context menu. Left click on a drive button will open that drive on whatever lister is focused.

btw I have interpreted the explanation to mean:
On the "Drives" toolbar:
- left click on a drive button opens in the left lister
- right click on a drive button opens in the right lister

Is that right? Has anyone here got that working?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:01 PM by Lefax32 »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2009, 03:23 PM »
Got excited, but it ended there without an explanation of how to do it. I have the "Drives" toolbar, and I have messed around a bit, but can't find anything to get the right click on a drive button to open it in the right lister. Always brings up a context menu. Left click on a drive button will open that drive on whatever lister is focused.

Directory Opus comes with a mountain of documentation, but unfortunately, Directory Opus comes with TWO mountains of functionality & the included documentation leaves a person wanting for more information sometimes than what is available at the author's web site.

I cannot help you with your problem directly as I am not a Directory Opus user, but there is a fine user support forum supported by other users that was started way back in the day to help with lapses in documentation such as this.

http://resource.dopus.com/

I am sure if you search over there in that forum your question is most likely already answered & you'll probably learn a lot of tips and tricks along the way.

tanis424

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2009, 04:52 PM »
On the "Drives" toolbar:

Yes that's a correct interpretation. To do this, you need to add the 'multifunc' argument to the drives button.

Enter customize mode and you'll find the drives button shrinks down to a single item, edit that item so that the command is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc

The multifunc argument will force the lister into dual mode if it's not already in it when you right click to open a drive.

There are a number of other arguments which can be used here, seperate them with a comma. For example, my hdd button is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=hideempty,-ghmn,multifunc

Which does the following:

- Hides Empty Drives (usb etc)
- Filters out CD Drive  (they're shown on another toolbar for me)

Hope that gets you started.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:59 PM by tanis424 »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21 AM »
btw I have interpreted the explanation to mean:
On the "Drives" toolbar:

Is that right? Has anyone here got that working?

Here's my drive toolbar, which I have down the left side of any lister I open: Left click opens to left side, right click opens to, (or opens), right side.

Extras: MMB on the Net button will list available domains (WORKGROUP, MSHOME, etc)
           RMB on Root = My Docs in active lister
           MMB on Root = My Pics in active lister

Other locations, LAN etc, are absolute referenced.

Top sect is stuff that doesn't change, Root, network, etc.  Next is fixed/removable HDDs, and bottom is removables. CD/DVD, flash.

greenshot_2009-10-09_16-19-40.jpgDirectory Opus 9
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:27 AM by 4wd »

Lefax32

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2009, 06:25 AM »
Thanks so much 4wd, that's awesome.  ;D

Just wondering can I assign that same function to ( left click = left lister / right click = right lister) to any button? eg on a button made to go to my favorite folder?

eta found it. Also, is there a thread here, or a forum somewhere, where people share buttons / commands that they have made?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:56 AM by Lefax32 »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2009, 08:10 AM »
[/i] Also, is there a thread here, or a forum somewhere, where people share buttons / commands that they have made?

I suspect you will need to go to the Dopus forum for that (there's the odd tip scattered about here but not much really)

On the "Drives" toolbar:

Yes that's a correct interpretation. To do this, you need to add the 'multifunc' argument to the drives button.

Enter customize mode and you'll find the drives button shrinks down to a single item, edit that item so that the command is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc

The multifunc argument will force the lister into dual mode if it's not already in it when you right click to open a drive.

There are a number of other arguments which can be used here, seperate them with a comma. For example, my hdd button is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=hideempty,-ghmn,multifunc

Which does the following:

- Hides Empty Drives (usb etc)
- Filters out CD Drive  (they're shown on another toolbar for me)
sounds great!
Tom

Lefax32

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Oh gosh oops, I only saw 4wd's reply when I posted my last.  :-[ I didn't see the posts by Innuendo and tanis424 which pretty much answered my new questions.  :-[
I was just reading tomis reply now, wondering where he quoted tanis from  :-[ :-[ :-[

Thanks guys for the help and sorry for not looking properly.

And thanks tanis that info is great. I got the multifunc to work on the drives, just wondering can that be applied to a favorites folder to get the right click/left click actions, somthing like this :

Go "v:media"=multifunc  

or does multifunc only apply to drives?

btw 4wd I love the ideas of your drive bar. I set the root menu up to add program files / program files x86 / program data as well. Love it, thanks for sharing.  :P

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:35 AM by Lefax32 »

tanis424

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2009, 03:05 PM »
The multifunc is only for Drive buttons. You can easily create your own three way buttons which perform LMB/RMB/MMB functions. There are a number of tutorials and example buttons on the resource centre which should get you started.

The GO command has an OPENINDUAL argument, as well as OPENINLEFT/OPENINRIGHT. The OPENINDUAL arg will perform pretty much as the multifunc in that the lister will be forced into DUAL mode by it.

You could set up the 3 button as follows:

LMB
Go "V:\Media"
RMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINDUAL

or

LMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINLEFT
RMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINRIGHT

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:11 PM by tanis424 »

Lefax32

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2009, 06:32 AM »
Thanks for the help tanis that works exactly as I was after.  :Thmbsup:

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2009, 04:53 PM »
btw 4wd I love the ideas of your drive bar. I set the root menu up to add program files / program files x86 / program data as well. Love it, thanks for sharing.  :P

No problem, I don't tend to set up a lot of dedicated buttons for paths otherwise I'd probably spend more time trying to remember which button is what path :)

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Dopus comes with "multi-level undo". I assume that refers to the size of the undo stack. Does anybody happen to know how many levels there are?

Thanks,
Don

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2009, 01:09 AM »
Dopus comes with "multi-level undo". I assume that refers to the size of the undo stack. Does anybody happen to know how many levels there are?

10 according to the Output Window and the DOpus.chm help file.

I can't see anything in the prefs to change the number of levels.

Considering the fluid nature of files and directories maybe it's not worth implementing more than that since you can undo a multiple file/dir action with a single undo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:14 AM by 4wd »

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2009, 05:16 AM »

10 according to the Output Window and the DOpus.chm help file.

I can't see anything in the prefs to change the number of levels.

Considering the fluid nature of files and directories maybe it's not worth implementing more than that since you can undo a multiple file/dir action with a single undo.
Thanks.

I could see a use for more levels. If I rename 20 files here (one after the other, not mass rename) and later 20 files there, it might come to my mind that the first 20 files should not have been renamed the way I did it.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2009, 01:27 PM »
If I rename 20 files here (one after the other, not mass rename) and later 20 files there, it might come to my mind that the first 20 files should not have been renamed the way I did it.
Thank goodness at least one other person works as I do!!  ;D

Nudel

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • << Pretentious Name >>
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2009, 04:18 PM »
If I rename 20 files here (one after the other, not mass rename) and later 20 files there, it might come to my mind that the first 20 files should not have been renamed the way I did it.

FWIW, there is a separate log that would (if configured to) record the old + new names in that situation. You can set that log to retain 1,000 (or more) operations if you want, and it'll retain them across reboots. Obviously it'd be a pain to undo those renames if they fell off the end of the undo-log, but it'd be possible by manually looking up the old/new names from the (other) log if it came to it.

If you think you'll run into the problem a lot then it won't help much but if it's a "just in case" thing then maybe it's enough. I use it very rarely but it has saved me a couple of times when I wonder where the heck I moved a file two days ago. :)

(Ofc. this log can be turned off for those who don't want it recording everything they do.)

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2010, 02:48 PM »
FWIW, if someone is interested:

Directory Opus 9

Deal Available: 2 FEB ’10 TUESDAY at http://www.bitsdujou...re/directory-opus-9/

Deal Price:  $45.93  (32.67 Euro)
You Save:   40%
List Price:   $76.55 / 85 AUD / 54.31 EUR

exchange rates at 26.01.2010 from http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Opus licensing is easy and simple. It is machine-based not user-based.
Purchase an Install Licence for each machine on which you install the program

This license is only valid for the 9.xy branch launched at April 27th 2007,
currently there is 9.5.2 recent from January 7th 2010. See http://www.gpsoft.com.au/history.html
There will be an discounted upgrade to Directory Opus 10.

USB and FTP cost $10 AUD extra each. See https://www.gpsoft.c...u/DScripts/order.asp

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2010, 03:30 PM »

wonder is version 10 around the corner . . .
Tom

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2010, 05:56 PM »

Indubitably , Watson, indubitably...

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2010, 09:58 PM »
If they lower the prices, they (probably) have a good reason for that. v10, hm. Maybe released with some serious price increasement.  :P

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15 PM »
If they lower the prices, they (probably) have a good reason for that. v10, hm. Maybe released with some serious price increasement.  :P

Well, believe it or not, Dopus is far from being the most expensive file manager out there. Check out the prices of PentaWare's offerings...

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2010, 10:16 PM »
I presume this is the reason why no-one knows them, right?  :D

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27 PM »
I presume this is the reason why no-one knows them, right?  :D

Who?

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34 PM »
You see?  :D

Nudel

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • << Pretentious Name >>
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2010, 05:05 AM »
If they lower the prices, they (probably) have a good reason for that. v10, hm.
It's not GPSoft themselves lowering the price; it's a reseller, and only for one day, so doesn't really indicate anything except that you can get it cheaper from one site for one day if you want to.

(GPSoft themselves did just have an end-of-year sale but they do that almost every year.)

Maybe released with some serious price increasement.  :P
-Tuxman
Not sure why you'd infer that from this. :)

-Tomos
Depends how big your corners are. :) v10 is in development but it's not coming out tomorrow or anything like that. (More than that, I can't say. In fact, I don't know.)

FWIW, v9 is still being supported and updated w/ free fixes & features, almost 3 years after its release. Last update was 3 weeks ago and the free 9.5 point release which added Win7 support was about 3 months ago.