ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (21/50) > >>

cthorpe:
Now, if I can just figure out a way to maintain my backup system, I wll be set.  I need to find a way to select a directory and have DO zip or RAR the directory, defaulting to the name of the directory and appending the date.  So, if I am in c:\temp and I want to back up the temp directory, I would like to select it, press a hotkey (or use a context menu) and create an archive named "temp 20070427.zip".  Near as I can tell, it is quite possible, but I am not sure how to do it yet.
-Nomadin (April 27, 2007, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, so this is an ugly hack... but here goes...

Create a batch file somewhere on your computer:

--- ---rename %1 %2

Then create a button:

--- ---Copy ZIP=single HERE
d:\applications\rename.bat {file}.zip {file}_{date|yyyyMMdd}.zip

Change D:\applications\rename.bat to point to wherever the batch file is located.

Carl

superboyac:
So, does anyone know if we get a special discount here at DC for the upgrade, or if we can use the current discount code?

JeffK:
AFAICT the current DC code will only give a 25% discount ie approx $AU21.  If you already have a DO licence you can go to the DO website and claim the upgrade discount which is $AU30 for a single user.

BTW the $AU is starting to come back against the $US in the last day or so.

Jeff

superboyac:
AFAICT the current DC code will only give a 25% discount ie approx $AU21.  If you already have a DO licence you can go to the DO website and claim the upgrade discount which is $AU30 for a single user.

BTW the $AU is starting to come back against the $US in the last day or so.

Jeff
-JeffK (April 27, 2007, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Aw, crap.  I was kind of hoping there would be a DC discount in addition to the regular price of the upgrade (which i wouldn't really call a discount).  Freakin A, $40 for an upgrade, now I know what everyone here was complaining about--it is a bit much.

Mouser, is there any way we can convince DO to let us use the 25% discount for the upgrade and maybe reduce the price to about $30? 

JeffK:
Yes.  I was fortunate to buy DO8 for $AU47.30.  The upgrade will cost me $AU55 atm.  Given that I don't use it intensly I will probably wait for an opportunity to buy the upgrade cheaper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version