ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer Update Coming -- Express your feature requests here!

<< < (4/17) > >>

dandersahn:
I would love to have the ability to set process tamer rules based on the full startup command line, not just the exe (or at least the exe and all flags that follow it).  This would allow rules for specific instances of programs (e.g. svchost.exe). 

Darwin:
I would love to have the ability to set process tamer rules based on the full startup command line, not just the exe (or at least the exe and all flags that follow it).  This would allow rules for specific instances of programs (e.g. svchost.exe). -dandersahn (April 13, 2007, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's an excellent idea. svchost.exe drives me mental, though since Carol pointed out that downgrading from Microsoft Update to Windows Update will cure many svchost.exe woes, things have improved immeasurablely (sadly my mental health has, for good or bad, been consistent throughout...).

MKairys:
Better use of the tooltip real estate:

* No reason to put "Process Tamer" in there, since I know which icon I'm hovering over
* When not taming, put top two or three processes and their percentages

shmate:

Wonderful news !   :Thmbsup:

Some suggestions:

1] Reminder for this issue: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7589.0

2] Adjusted priority_range:  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8154.0

3] Separating the time intervals triggers:
    One time trigger for entering the lowering phase and another one for exiting. (the same as the
    CPU usage triggers)
    This will allow quicker entering the taming phase and exiting only after a proper time period.

4] The ability to adjust the triggers per process.
    The reason is quite obvious - every process have its one normal CPU usage range.
    A too high CPU consumption level for the browser may be a normal level for the media_player.

If the ideas are not clear enough , I would be glad to make additional explanations.

Thanks   8)

hercules550:
WinXP SP2 - Am currently unable to tame (elevate to high) explorer.exe by rule - is this just me or what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version