ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer Update Coming -- Express your feature requests here!

<< < (2/17) > >>

MKairys:
I guess if I had to suggest anything, it would be that the context menu from the icon in the system tray allowed the user to "stop taming process" or something like that.
-Darwin (April 11, 2007, 09:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Uncheck "Enabled"?

mouser:
Jakeman, are you using win9x or winMe?  process tamer is only for Win 2K/XP, so that might explain the problem.

Darwin:
I guess if I had to suggest anything, it would be that the context menu from the icon in the system tray allowed the user to "stop taming process" or something like that.
-Darwin (April 11, 2007, 09:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Uncheck "Enabled"?
-MKairys (April 12, 2007, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I probably didn't explain that very well... most likely because it was half-baked idea anyway  :D I'll try disabling PT next time and see if that does the trick. This really reflects how well PT already works and how seamless it is. My main complaint has to do with how PS Tray Factory behaves - trying to select PT's tray icon when it appears is like trying to hit a duck in a shooting gallery - often PT is only active for a few seconds. When I try to select it to configure it to ignore whatever process it's busy taming, it will move three or more spaces to the right, stay there briefly and then hide. If I select it within PS Tray Factory to be visible all the time no doubt this wouldn't be a problem. So, er, not a problem with PT at all!

Still, I'd never noticed the "enable" option in the context menu, so thanks!

rjbull:
I'm very new to Process Tamer and I'm using 2.06.01.  I think the help file needs minor re-wording where it says disable/enable by double-clicking the tray icon.  You can set it that way in Configuration, but I don't think it does that out of the box, and the help file should probably put the default action first.

Does it make any sense to be able to set percentage trigger levels individually?

CWuestefeld:
PT does a great job at a well-targeted problem. It would be hard to improve on it. But since you insist, here are some ideas.

* Allow the foreground task more leeway -- if it's something that I'm actually interacting with, then allow it to hit a higher threshold before "punishing" it.
* Current Status -- I know there's a log I can consult to see what's happening, but how about a "Current status" to reveal a list of any processes that are currently in the penalty box?
* Misbehavior list -- show a simple list of all processes that have been throttled since the last time the list was cleared, and maybe a count of how many times. (this and the previous item would help me locate problems on my system)
* Temporarily allow a busy task -- Select a currently-throttled process and allow it to continue freely until the process ends (or PT ends), without creating a permanent rule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version